SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got my new engine installed a couple of weeks ago, and it drives like a dream, runs great and very strong, but it idles high.
It should be around 800 or so, but mine idles at 1200rmp even when warm. is this just how it idles, or should i take it back to them and ask them to check it out? I paid for the extra warranties so it wont cost anything, but its kind of an inconvienence for me. what do you guys think, I have a new cap and rotor, and plugs and wires, do i need different stuff? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, but did i mention that im retarded!!! I looked in my chilton manual to find a graphic of it, but it shows every engine but the sr20de!!! how freakin irritating!!!! where the hell is the damn thing???

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi disconnects the (tps)and then adjust your idle and timing(if you have not do this yet)if the idle still high after do that you must check the AAA valve it is in the intake manifold ,clean it or replacet from a new one,if is it in bad condition.
hope you can undertan my english ,Im still learning.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
hehe, i had the same problem with my stupid haynes manual, vegita.

i spent 3 nights trying to find the damn idle screw, and in a last ditch attempt before i gave up on advancing my timing, i found it.

stand on the passenger side of your car. look where the intake manifold sits. I don't know if you have the highport or lowport, but its probably in the same general area.

anyway, look beneath the #1 cylinder intake thing. You should see a screw in a recess, about the size of a pant button. do it in the sunlight, it makes it all that much easier.

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts