SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day folks,

Got a couple of dumb newbie questions. Currently putting a S13 SR20DE RWD into a race buggy, and have come across a couple of engine connections I'm not sure of. Don’t know what car the engine originally came from, so haven’t got a workshop manual for it as yet, and, the previous owner’s not available for comment. Therefore, I’m approaching this install from the perspective of plugging in what I know/can identify and asking questions about anything else. The ECU’s all connected nicely, so these questions are predominantly related other stuff on the engine. Hopefully I can get some guidance - I'd like to post up a couple of pics to assist, but haven't quite figured out whether I can or can't, so my descriptions are about as good as it gets for the time being.

The first connection is a complete mystery – it’s hose (probably 7-8mm internal diameter) that’s coming from the bottom of the inlet manifold at the flywheel end of the engine. It looks similar to a fuel line/connection, but I don’t believe it’s got anything to with the main input or return as I’m fairly sure know what/where they are – not sure what this hose is or what it’s supposed to connect to?

The second, I believe to be a water temp sender, high up on the engine, at the fan end, kind-of above the thermostat, and right next to one of the ECU connections (not sure which one I’m afraid).

The third I believe is a manifold pressure connection – a small rubber tube, that connects to a plastic “T” piece at the fan end of the inlet manifold – which I believe needs to be connected to the MAP sensor unit on the ECU ?

And finally the 4th and 5th I believe are oil pressure and temp – about half way along the block, on the same level as, and next to the oil filter, and kind-of tucked up under the inlet manifold. One is at 90 degrees to the block, and has a small barbed tube connection (which I think is a mechanical oil pressure connector), the second is connected at the same point, points toward the flywheel end of the engine and is dome shaped, with an electrical connection on the top.

Any help you folks can provide will be much appreciated.

Cheers … Kimbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love to - however, don't have them stored on photo bucket, or anything else like that, to be able to upload them - unless there's a way on this forum to load jpg's directly that I haven't yet discovered.

However, that aside, I've figured out what the connections are: the hose is for the brake servo, and the others are exactly what I'd attempted to describe, coolant temp, manifold pressure and oil pressure/temp.

Cheers ... Kimbo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts