SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is about a 240sx, but i know alot of wise peeps look at this forum so that is why i posted it here. hopefully somebody had the same problem and will be able to help me out, putting into consideration that the way the 240sx and classic sentra's oil filters are set up similar. well yesterday i went upon changing my oil, alittle bit over the 3000 miles but oh well who can get that timing perfect anywase. so i took off the oil plug, then went upon taking off the oil filter. at first i used a oil filter cap (socket style), kept slipping, so i switched over to a wrench type, it ripped a hole into the filter. so i'm like what the ****, i call autozone and they say use a screwdriver and hammer to try to twist it by prying it sort of. i do that and it rips my filter even more. now my oil filters [email protected]#ked, all tore up and hasn't even moved yet. i go and by a different style filter remover, the circle strap style that tightens as you move it, i barely have any filter left to attach it to and that didn't work out to well. so now i'm stuck with a oil filter that is all tore up at the end, and hasn't even moved yet. what do u guys think happened, could it have gotten so hot that it welded it self on to the block. i have no idea how to take it off, no room, and the end part of the filter is about gone. :help this is on a s13 with the ka24de.:help

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I was changing the oil on my friend's NX2000 on friday and the dick at oil changers who put the filter on three days earlier tightned it so much, even the screwdriver trick ripped the filter. What I did was use large, large channellock pliers, like one with a two foot handle and grabbed it right at the base where the gasket is. Grab it really, really tight before you turn it.

Good luck!!!

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
I had to change my oil filter last weekend at like yours, it was stuck to the block. And unfortunately, I had already drained the oil from the engine. So what I ended up doing was pouring the new in the block and running the engine for a few minutes and that loosened the filter enough for me to take it off.

Hope that helps.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I use oil filter pliers, and have never had a problem with any of the 8 cars that I regularly change oil and filters. I got it from Pep Boys for like 8 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts