SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the midst of putting on my engine mounts and i cant seem to get the right(rear mount when looking under the hood) to slide in.. i am using the energy suspension inserts.. so far i have dropped a minivan on them and it has yet to go all the way in... i have heard to use wd40 to ease the way in and i tried it ... ES says the mount should be free of dirt and grease .. so whats the deal? Please help

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I had the same problem, and I had to do some trimming on the insert.

I think ES messed up in the design of the firewall-side insert. The "fingers" don't align correctly with the holes in the mount. No amount of force or grease will let the inserts fit correctly, no matter what most people harp.

I suspect it's an ES defect on that particular mount.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I had to cut mine into a v shape and then put it up in there. total pita, but would be easy now that I have done it.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Some cut some don't...

I lubed them liberally with lithium grease then put a wide putty knife on both sides of it and jacked it up into place...
works like a charm!

later
david lau

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It could be a defect on a certain run of ES mounts. I've installed ES mounts on both my cars, and the firewall mount went in with no problems whatsoever.

--Andrew Phan

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i ended up cutting them... btw .. my car feels great now!! I fixed my mounts, replaced the struts, pop charger, advanced timing and its actually fun to drive like i knew it would be... the engine shakes a little on startup and idle is a little rumbly but my mom didnt even notice... so i guess its great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts