SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just joined site,
I got a 2003 4.8 liter Silverado, A throttle body spacer, Air-Raid Intake, REALLY REALLY ADVANCED computer program that opens valves 100% instead of 75%, and a 3.5 inch exhaust (great exhaust) throughout. First time at track and I WANT YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR 1/4 mile times. I'm guessin 14-15 but idk?
THX

·
Registered
527 Posts
Try the drag racing section. This is the Turbo section.

·
Registered
434 Posts
HUH? I have an '04 Silverado 4.8L 4x4 auto. Anyways I have done plenty of research into our vehicles and I have a couple questions. First, why did you go 3.5" on the exhaust, and which super computer did you say you got?? Anyways, I would guestimate 15.5-16.5 for your truck, but I dont really know as I havent raced mine yet. BTW let us know how the mods work out for you. ~josh

·
Registered
803 Posts
Chase said:
Hey just joined site,
I got a 2003 4.8 liter Silverado, A throttle body spacer, Air-Raid Intake, REALLY REALLY ADVANCED computer program that opens valves 100% instead of 75%, and a 3.5 inch exhaust (great exhaust) throughout. First time at track and I WANT YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR 1/4 mile times. I'm guessin 14-15 but idk?
THX
I would happen to guess that you really don't know what you're talking about. Did Chevy come up with a way to change lift on a cam??? There's no way that you could get a variable valve timing and lift control on a OHV motor. There's just no room to run an extra lobe ala VVTL-i or a Vtec system. This isn't a forum about trucks let alone one made by Chevrolet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts