SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
W10 POWA!!!!
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trashed the rear beam on my B-14. The car came off the line in 11/97 (It's a 98)and I was curious as to what the differences are on the pre-9/97 and 10/97 and after axles are? Are they interchangeable?

I've tried finding a rear beam that is the 2.0L, non-abs, after 10/97 but there are none in my state. There however are plenty of 2.0L, non-abs, before 9/97's. Will that mount up just fine?

Also, since I'm doing a bunch of rear suspension work I was wondering if any of you guys had a good idea for increasing the handling of the car. I'm debating of building it into a dedicated track car. Oh, and no, I don't know how to bend the beam, otherwise I would have done that.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

·
98 SE
1,982 Posts
Well you are a whole lot closer to Steve in Colorado than the majority of us. It's worth the drive over there to get bent.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the B14 beams for the SR20 are the same. As long as it has rear discs, you'll be fine. The ABS and non ABS beams were the same too.

·
W10 POWA!!!!
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you are a whole lot closer to Steve in Colorado than the majority of us. It's worth the drive over there to get bent.
Colorado eh? Hmm... I might have to do this. Thanks.

Thanks Eric, I'll just have to swing by one of the shops that has one and verify it's the same. I'd much rather spend $150 then $450 to have one shipped to me from out of state. :biggthump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts