SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been getting a lot of talk about exhaust systems on nissans lately so i thought i'd create a site where you can download the sound of the sr20de/t with the exhaust system you want, and hear it compared to others. it wouldn't take up much of my time as i have no graphics program to use, so i could get it done a lot faster.

anyways, what i need from you are links to your sound files with a little info about your exhaust (type, pipe size, header, etc.).

thanks!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
I'm interested in how the courtesy cat back sounds. Great idea Monsoon.</font>
Shitty. Loud and annoying. Thats what it sounds like. Trust me. It actually sounds good when you first put it on, but after the muffler gets broken in it just sounds worse with every mile put on. The pipes are just too big for our car. You do notice a difference though, especially in top end, but you loose some bottom end, due to the loss in backpressure. Do oyurself the favor and go wiht the Greddy 2.25 or another 2.25, or even a 2 inch is good, unless you are going turbo, then the exhaust actually sounds better. This is because the air is being forced out at a greater rate, which actually quiets it down a bit

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Awww damn Alex!! I just sold a Greddy for a '95-'97 SE-R yesterday! I have one on my car, but I had another one sitting in my backyard that I had to get rid of. Damn, if I would have known!

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hmmmm David, I like the sound of your exhaust on your car. Now that I know what it sounds like, I'm definetly going with the Greddy. Don't worry, I wasn't planning to buy the exhaust until I graduate next month and get some cash from the family

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank yah j.

chris, how big are we looking at here size wise? a couple megs? i think the most my email will accept is like 1.5mb per send (yahoo). my server is a 56k by the way, lmao.

i'll email you and we'll figure something out.

btw, the website is up!

http://www.geocities.com/ser_sounds/

nothing awesome, but it'll load fast.

------------------

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I had the idea to do this at the convention last year, but never got around to it.

I will be going autocrossing with Larry MacLeod on Friday and will work with him to get sound files of my exhaust (T25 turbo with 2.5" downpipe, stock cat, Courtesy exhaust) along with his (stock header, cat, Greddy exhaust) with my laptop.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I have a clip of my car at idle if you want it. I can get a clip of it reving if anyone needs it. I don't have a place to post them though.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
254 Posts
OK, the sound files are in your inbox. Make sure you read my notes before posting.

CB

PS I have some videos in which the exhaust notes are clear.

[This message has been edited by Chris Bryant (edited 04-11-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts