SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BB t25 needs to be turned. The outlet pipe that the intercooler piping connects to was facing towards my engine. I did a search and i found that there are 4 bolts you can loosen to spin the turbo. I loosened those bolts and noticed that i could spin it. So i spun it so the outlet was facing up more so i could connect intercooler piping to it. When i did this i noticed that the internal wastegate was opeing up i guess you could say, i could feel the spring being pulled back. Is this ok or do i need to do somethin else??

Thanks
Preston

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody???

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
yeah, we are having problems clocking the turbo. The WG bracket is way off, is the only fix drilling and tapping the blanks on the compressor housing?

Brent

·
grease monkey
1,386 Posts
maybe you can try and modify the w'g bracket or try and make a new bracket.did you spin the turbine?or the compressor,i thought you had to use snap ring pliers to rotate the comp housing,no?

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
Sounds like you have a RWD SR20 T25. You can probably fab up a bracket to make it work.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
it don't know the difference, and I honestly never cared about the T25/T28 stock turbos cause i went straight to T3, but now it is biting me in the ass that i never researched it. We rotated the exhaust housing, and that helped, but need to rotate the compressor housing now. My snap ring pliers are toooo tiny to get the job done. We will try rotating it with larger ones this weekend.

This is how it sits with the exhaust side rotated as far as we could:

Brent

·
Registered
847 Posts
i bought these snap ring pliers to rotate my compressor housing:

http://www.tools-plus.com/hit65.html

worked like a charm..

as for the wastegate bracket, i bought an L bracket from home depot and modified it to mount my wastegate. works great.. it actually pulls the wastegate out just a tad bit and gives me a little bit more boost than stock.. i get about 9psi with it like that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys! I think were going to tap new holes for the waste gate or make a new bracket. any more advice will be apreciated though..
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts