SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all,
well, i have a problem...with the belt sizes, you that have done this, your input would be MOST appreciated. ok..ive removed the a/c and the power steering in my car and now cannot find sizes that fit it, i've measured it and comes to be about 33.5 inches and a 6 rib for the crank to alternator, and 25.5 inches 4 rib for the crank and water pump...now those of you that have done this, what belt sizes are you using??...by the way, ive checked NAPA, AUTOZONE and ADVANCED AUTO PARTS...closest at NAPA with a 25 and 3/4ths inch 4 rib (tiny bit too long) , and a 33 inch 6 rib (too short), next sizes are like 1/2 inch to 1 inch too big or small...HELP!
sorry for the long post....

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Would it be possible to rig it with one belt? If you changed one pulley, so they all have the same number of teeth. Then move the alternator towards the passenger side by like an inch. Maybe...

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERboy:
747 people and NO one knows???</font>
I don't know the anser but, try a search at: http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/ (There are similar topics I saw there).

(Sorry for dup post - last one didn't show up until I posted this one - now I can't delete)
Dan

[This message has been edited by AC7880 (edited 06-01-2001).]

·
since 2001
525 Posts
Actually i had to do this when i swaped my motor.

First off dont remove your powersteering pump. What you have to do is leave it mounted and remove the internals from it so the pump does not push fluid. Then you can weld up the ends so o fluid comes out. Fill it with a little bit of fluid and leave it be, using the stock belt. The pump, although stil mounted, shouldnt lose any power since it can not push fluid with the internals removed. Maybe their will bea fractional horsepower loss because of the bearing resistance but still not as mucha s before.

With the A/C you can just go to the dealer and ask them for the no A/C belt. It will not have as many grooves as the other one but will be the right length. I havent had any problems with either one of these since..

good luck,

charles

[This message has been edited by hybrid D E T (edited 06-02-2001).]

·
Registered
504 Posts
im having the same problem i was going up the highway and the ajuster bolt came out and the alternater was dangling by the wire the belt was gone and the guy that put my engine in didnt tell me what size it was so now i have to find it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts