SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, this is my 1st post on these forums, i hope i dont get flamed for it :D

Let me tell you my circumstance first of all. I live in Australia and am looking to put an sr20ve engine into my SSS Pulsar. The Pulsar originally houses a sr20de so the conversion should be fairly straight forward (i hope). Unfortunatly there are bugger all sr20ve's in Australia (i've only heard of 2 others, other than mine) so local help is hard to come by. I think you Americans must be hoarding all the engines ;)

Anyway, i'm a bit of a gumby when it comes to electronics and I think I'll struggle to hook up the vvl. I was wondering if someone could show me, with pictures, exactly what I need to wire up to and to where. Alternatively is anyone willing to wire up something with the correct plugs and send it to me? I will pay in advance to any senior/trustworthy member who is willing to do this.

Sorry for another post on this subject, I'm sure you are all sick of it. I tried a search but to no avail :(

Thanks heaps guys, I appreciate any assistance :D

-Gary

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
garyd said:
Hi people, this is my 1st post on these forums, i hope i dont get flamed for it :D

Let me tell you my circumstance first of all. I live in Australia and am looking to put an sr20ve engine into my SSS Pulsar. The Pulsar originally houses a sr20de so the conversion should be fairly straight forward (i hope). Unfortunatly there are bugger all sr20ve's in Australia (i've only heard of 2 others, other than mine) so local help is hard to come by. I think you Americans must be hoarding all the engines ;)

Anyway, i'm a bit of a gumby when it comes to electronics and I think I'll struggle to hook up the vvl. I was wondering if someone could show me, with pictures, exactly what I need to wire up to and to where. Alternatively is anyone willing to wire up something with the correct plugs and send it to me? I will pay in advance to any senior/trustworthy member who is willing to do this.

Sorry for another post on this subject, I'm sure you are all sick of it. I tried a search but to no avail :(

Thanks heaps guys, I appreciate any assistance :D

-Gary
Have you gone over the FAQ at the top of the page? The answers to about 90% of the questions you will have can be found there. Read over those pages, and let us know if you need any more help. Welcome to the forum.

·
8,148 Posts
Another Aussie. Niice, weclome ;). A member of the PGA? (I consider it the sister board)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh I can match up like colour to colour as it says but I'm not sure which plug im supposed to wire these up to? I assume its one of the four near the rocker cover as they seem fairly alien to me. Although it has been a while since I've had a close look at a fwd sr20de. Can someone just take a photo of what it looks like please?

Yes Im a member from PGA but this is supposed to be a secret project im working on so shhh ;) My last car was an sr20det S14a Silvia so now i'm trying n/a power out!

I got the engine cheap, about $750 US with only 40,000kms on it. Should be a fun little project

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
MSD RPM SWITCH WIRES

Yellow to Relay
Black to Ground (Ground This wherever you want)
Red to Power (Any 12v ignition power source)
White to Distributor. Also labeled as the “Reference” wire in the FSM. On the B14 it is the Blue wire on the long plug. (on a B13 both white wires coming from both switches will need to be spliced with the green/yellow wire going into the coil)

RADIO SHACK 4 PLUG AUTOMOTIVE RELAY

Cam Positive Wire to #30 (cam activation wire)
Yellow Wire to #85 (from MSD trigger)
Black Wire to #87 (12V Power) I used the Battery
Red Wire to #86 (Switched Power) This wire was spliced together with the red wire out of the msd box and then connected to the power source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts