SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 wheelin'
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read numerous posts here and can't make heads or tails if I have abs or not. I know I can look at the axles and look for the sensor but don't have access to the car right now. I looked at the engine bay last and saw a fuse relay for the abs in there but I didn't see an actual abs unit in the passengerside of the engine bay. Nor did I see a control module on the passenger side floor board. Someone help me out please as I am about to order pads and rotors.

I also heard that all the 91 Japan made NX2000's came with abs. True? False?

Does it matter if I order ABS pads or rotors?

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I looked at the engine bay last and saw a fuse relay for the abs in there but I didn't see an actual abs unit in the passengerside of the engine bay.

If you have ABS, the hard lines from the Master Cylinder will run over to the passenger side of the engine bay, into the ABS unit

I also heard that all the 91 Japan made NX2000's came with abs. True? False?

False

Does it matter if I order ABS pads or rotors?

No - HOWEVER, the parts books are all screwed up. Make sure when ordering pads and rotors, that it's for a Japanese made NX (I know, I know, they were all made in Japan, but this will assure you get the right stuff), with 257mm rotors. That's all you need to specify.

C

·
allmotorKA24DE
607 Posts
yeah, when i first got my NX, i was really unsure as to if i did have abs or not....but since then, ive definately locked them up on sveral occasions.

·
3 wheelin'
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A VERY BIG THANKS Chris! :D It's much appreciated. I'm a noob to the Nissans. So I'll have more questions that I hope people can answer. Searching here kinda sucks cause there is a lot of false info out there. Is there a way for the mods to edit them out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts