SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. So I went hog wild this week. I replaced my spark plugs (the old ones had a gap of 40) replaced fuel filter, PCV valve, oil change with mobile 1. Then took it to a shop to replace outer CV boot, install underdrive pullies (WP/C) when the pullies where out they notice the WP leaking, replaced that, and of course new belts ($398). The found a couple of loose vacume hoses so now my cruise works again(no charge).

So now to my question, has anyone had any problems passing emission tests using the AEBS headers? with the EGR plugged? any reponses at all would help....Should get the headers in this week, kinda worried about the emissions, live on CO

The underdrive pullies made the revs... peppier, it really revs quicker, I'm suprised.

Harp

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mciin1:

So now to my question, has anyone had any problems passing emission tests using the AEBS headers? with the EGR plugged? any reponses at all would help....Should get the headers in this week, kinda worried about the emissions, live on CO
</font>
Why are you blocking the EGR? the AEBS has the fittings welding on it now.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Soupaflie:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mciin1:

</font>
Why are you blocking the EGR? the AEBS has the fittings welding on it now.

After extensive reading on the mailing list I never saw an answer to the EGR question. I was finally able to get ahold of someone at AEBS (phone number on mailing lists) and they said there were three holes for various things on the headers. I'm breathing easier now, thanks for the response...

Mciin1
92NX pop intake, underdrive pullies, soon to be AEBS headers(this week). 62K miles

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 03-02-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
group5 sent my aebs headers w/ a bolt/plug for the AIV port, since my '94 is AIV-less. EGR and O2 were accounted for. Enjoy your headers!

G

·
0 Posts
where can i find those aebs headers i want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased the AEBS headers at Apex
(480) 967-6515. Came to $404 shipped. But be forewarned, I live in Colorado where emissions are scrutinized and I'm going through a bitch of a process getting these things on. The AEBS headers while they come with EGR, O2 and even a small hole for an EGT, do NOT come with a "pulse air" fitting needed for emissions. I talked with the AEBS folks they put me on the phone with the engineer and he said customers just terminate this. I kinda have to use it. So after talking with an excellent header shop in town they are going to cut a new hole (post O2) and run a line down to the new AIV port they make, not something an ordinary shop would do. Needless to say this is going to take time and money, but as they say...
Cheap work isn’t good and Good work isn’t cheap.

See you out there
92NX, 62Kmiles, Underdrive pulleys (WP/C), Pop intake, Headers Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts