SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think I just broke the transmission on my Nx. I had a brand new clutch put in 500miles ago(I'm not too sure if the shop did a good job)but the other day as I was driving on 3rd gear, I heard something snap and my shift lever came all the way back to where 4th gear would be eventhough I was in neutral. Now I can bearly get the car on 2nd and neutral but none of the other gears can be engaged. Do you guys think it could be a bad clutch job(bear in mind that there is no pedal feel difference)or a broken linkage or some other shaft in the gearbox.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Hmmm, my *first* guess since the pedal feels the same is that one of the two parts of your shift linkage wasn't tight and came apart. Jack the car up and take a look at where the linkage connects to the tranny and make sure everything is tight there.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip ben, it turns out that there were 2 bolts near the firewall that were broken and dropped the tranny by about an inch. I'll have to figure out a way to put new bolts in there without having to pull apart the transmission, but it seems very tricky because both sides of the bolts go inside the housing.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Rear motor mount bolts, ouch. Good luck finding replacements. And glad you found it. I was in the right vicinity I guess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jasen, I worked on the car last night and the car is finally running after 2 weeks of sitting around. But I couldnt find tranny mount bolts so I ended up using the best fit from home depot (0.60 cents!! yea,thats my type of budget!!haha). It doesnt feel very secure though and its making a bit of a noise when I do U turns. Where can I find the right bolts? local auto stores (trak auto...)didnt have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts