SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a 91 NX2000 that is having an issue at the moment. Yesterday while leaving work the car died on the way out when I was coming to a stop in gear with the clutch depressed. It sounded sort of like the car didn't recognize the clutch was depressed and so it killed it since it was stopped and in gear. I tried to restart it and the car wouldn't turn over. Pushed it back to the parking lot and got a ride home. Did some research and talked to some friends and most suggested that perhaps the small switch behind the clutch pedal that tells the car that the clutch is depressed wasn't being pushed all the way in. This morning I came into work and found that switch but even with me physically pushing it all the way in with my fingers, the car won't turn over. All other electronics are working. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuel pump shot perhaps. Is it making any noise at all when you try and start it or is it just like trying to start it without the clutch pushed in?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, fuel pump was replaced in December. It's acting like it does if you try to start the car without the clutch pushed in.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Try reconnecting your battery terminals. Make sure there is a good connection. Also, try to follow the wire that the clutch switch is attached to. See if it may have been pulled apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts