SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning i got up to go to work and the car starts but the clutch is not disengaging......if i have it in first it tries to move and if i have the clutch all the way out the car still stays on and doenst turn on in gear........how do i fix it....its a fairly new clutch and it worked fine yesterday...

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i doubt it....i just replaced it like 4 months ago, but im going to try and adjust it or something, maybe it got loose

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
sounds like your release bearing is stuck. Try adjusting the cable so it will move the fork a little farther it may get it unstuck.

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
nothing, other than actually getting in there by taking the transmission off and all that fun.

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
is the pedal sticking to the floor? yes just take of the cable and it should move freely since the bearing is still depressing the clutch. dont start the car though because it could damage the clutch.

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
I think you will have to end if taking the transmission off to fix this thought. you might want to just by a new release bearing and replace it. Just double check your clutch too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no the clutch pedal goes in and out fine, the car starts and it slowly moves without the clutch pedal in but it wont stall if i take it out completely....i could rev the car in first gear and without the clutch pedal in...and it kinda wants to move but very slowly

·
Registered
92 Posts
try going to SSR on 5041 spencer hwy in pasadena 281 991 5360. he has dealt with that same problem with my 200sx AND he is realy honest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a act clutch on my 200sx from him 650. then i snaped the clutch cable, replaced it with a cable to short and i destroyed my throw out bearing. 300 bucks parts and labor. the guy from SSR is a realy nice guy and he has his hands in my tranny more times than any one i know.

·
It pulled a premium :)
855 Posts
hopefully the TOB didn't come off..... or something else got lodged...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts