SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my head back from JGY. I had them shim the head and put some new cams in. when my sponsor puts everything back together the head made a horrible sound. nothing "normal" about it. talking to JGY left me with a lot of questions along with the guys working on my car (Millennium Autosports). So we called JWT and they say the head should be adjusted as close to 14thousandths clearance in valve area( i am trying to remember what they said). so basically you make your adjustments once the head is bolted down yada yada and then start the car up and once it is engine temp is brought up to normal then you make you final adjustments at 14thousandths clearance.

So here is my problem.....Millennium doesn't have experience with the GTiR head and JGY said my head was ready to go upon recieving it. if you have to make final adjustments only when the car is started and warmend up how can it be ready to go. does anybody know how to do these final adjustments to my head so that i can finally drive this car? i would be willing to pay someone to come to Norfolk Virginia to do the job. I do not want to take car to another shop unless it is the last possible solution. needless to say i am a little disappointed with my service from JGY and further pissed that my 3year project is taking even longer

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
GTi-R said:
I got my head back from JGY. I had them shim the head and put some new cams in. when my sponsor puts everything back together the head made a horrible sound. nothing "normal" about it. talking to JGY left me with a lot of questions along with the guys working on my car (Millennium Autosports). So we called JWT and they say the head should be adjusted as close to 14thousandths clearance in valve area( i am trying to remember what they said). so basically you make your adjustments once the head is bolted down yada yada and then start the car up and once it is engine temp is brought up to normal then you make you final adjustments at 14thousandths clearance.

So here is my problem.....Millennium doesn't have experience with the GTiR head and JGY said my head was ready to go upon recieving it. if you have to make final adjustments only when the car is started and warmend up how can it be ready to go. does anybody know how to do these final adjustments to my head so that i can finally drive this car? i would be willing to pay someone to come to Norfolk Virginia to do the job. I do not want to take car to another shop unless it is the last possible solution. needless to say i am a little disappointed with my service from JGY and further pissed that my 3year project is taking even longer
You have a PM. GTIRoids

1 - 2 of 2 Posts