SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a few locals know, I went to a reputable exhaust place for a cat-back system on Friday and after standing under the car, explaining to the nice man what I wanted & where it was to go from, he took out the power saw & cut through the secondary - cat pipe on my beloved Fujis. He then proceeded to weld the 2.5" pipe on to the Fuji pipe.

After mulling over it for a bit I went back & had a minor tantrum about how they had ruined the resale on a $1,100 NZ set of extractors. Even though they couldn't seem to understand why I was upset, they have agreed to repair my Fujis like new though they still reckon that the Fujis are nothing but a cheap, mass produced, low grade stainless item...

Anyway, I need to know what length the pipe was before it was cut so that it can be put back to the same length again. Silly me should've measured it before taking it in I guess. Any help with this would be much appreciated :)

Also, will I lose performance by having the 2.5" pipe extend all the way to the secondaries on the Fujis? I'm wondering if there is a valid reason for that odd pipe size they have on the single pipe.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Instead of using flanges, they were going to weld a 1 piece exhaust on?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They cut the Fuji off just forward of the cat & welded the new pipe to the single pipe from the Fuji. They couldn't understand why I got p*ssed as they 'always do it like that' and made out like adding a flange was a big deal & would be a real pain. This is a well known company that has been operating over 30 years too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The way you describe it is actually the way I set mine up too dude. Saves a heap of pissing around. I thought you meant they actually cut it AT the secondaries.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No.. I was a little shell-shocked & used the wrong term - D-oh!

Still, I'll probably get them to extend that 2 1/2 to the back of the extractors and fix it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I need to know what length the pipe was before it was cut so that it can be put back to the same length again. Silly me should've measured it before taking it in I guess. Any help with this would be much appreciated :)
Why don't you call Bazza? He has a set hanging on his wall, he answered your last question re these headers; alternatively you could ask myself as I have a set as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep forgetting to call Bazza & I thought that there may be somebody else wanting to know one day so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts