SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys,
im cheap, so im deciding to use my primera header and i need to know precisely how much to cut off of the down pipe so it will fit?
thanks..

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERboy:
oh and what kind of tranny fluid do you guys use?</font>
redline

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do you have the primera motor, if so the stock header(exhaust manifold) has a wider diameter pipe than the us spec sr20, and far less restictive *almost* like a performance header. See if you can get a muffler shop to custom make a down pipe for the exhaust manifold, instead of cutting it. Works great if your going for the sleeper look........

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
working on built motor for some NOZ

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cutting it would be cheaper than fabrication a downpipe...the internal diameters of the two seem almost the same...i havent measuered it, but by eye, they look almost identical.

·
Registered
404 Posts
by cutting it you mean to shorten the length so it clears the bottom and wont bottom out?
if they can do it it probably would be cheaper, i decided to go custom because i wanted the sleeper look and the down pipe i had made is tucked higher than the crossmember so i dont have to worry about it hitting...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERboy:
cutting it would be cheaper than fabrication a downpipe...the internal diameters of the two seem almost the same...i havent measuered it, but by eye, they look almost identical.</font>

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
working on built motor for some NOZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts