SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my boy just wrecked his 96 200sx se-r........he ran stright into a ditch at like 50mph..... he just kinda ramped the other side and came out.....the car wasnt hurt that bad but he wants to sell it to me for $400....my question is if i buy another 200sx se or somthing for like a couple hundred could i switch all of the a arms and parts over to that one and will it be ok? the motor runs fine still but the front wheels are pushed back like 6 inches and the supports in the front are kinda smashed in....is their anything he could have messed up in the front that will keep the car from never being right again?

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
i'd be worried about the wheels being smashed in, i'd guess there is tranny damage.
trannys aren't THAT expensive either so......

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
na i dont want to spend alot and id rather have the se-r features....i had a b13 xe i was about to swap and then i bought a b13 se-r and ill never even think about that swap again........naw i checked the tranny and its fine.....its just like the bottom A arms are bent

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
as long as the chassis points for the CA aren't messed up there is a good chance that will work out alright.

brent

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
you may have bent your subrframe though or pushed it back, youll need new controller arms also

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what if the subframe is messed up?.....the car dosnt look to bad only one of the fenders in really crunched.....as long as i know nothing serious is messed up then i will do it..but if its unfixable then i will part out

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
edandee said:
Do you or your boy want to part it out?

I have one that I'm parting out in the part out section.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
hotshotT3 said:
what if the subframe is messed up?.....the car dosnt look to bad only one of the fenders in really crunched.....as long as i know nothing serious is messed up then i will do it..but if its unfixable then i will part out

hey Mike, I have an SE-R (96) that I'll sell the rolling chassis to you if you want. it could be rebuilt for around $1k prob. LMK, I'll get on AIM.

·
The Genesis
3,169 Posts
dude, hes selling u the freakin car for 400$!!! ****, the wheels alone are worth almost that if u decide to part it out! I had a similar accident, replaced driver side axle, driver side control arm, both struts.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah im going to get it and see what it looks like after i pull the front end off of it and if its unfixable then i will part it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts