SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have one final thing to add to this to make it more supportive, but for the most part this is what its going to look like.

thats not rust, its just a wierd lighting. its all aluminum.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
470 Posts
wow thats some nice engineering there, are you gonna be making mpegs with that?

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, i allready made a movie. I got an annoying clicking sound with it from the one long bar not being supportive enough. Im adding another one on to fix that tomorrow.

If you guys want I can make these and sell them. Im thinking around the ballpark of 25 shipped.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
blairellis said:
If you guys want I can make these and sell them. Im thinking around the ballpark of 25 shipped.
Great work! If you decide to build them, I'll buy one.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aztecred92 said:
Great work! If you decide to build them, I'll buy one.
Ill get back with you on that. I want to make sure that these wont jiggle after I add the second bar on top. If that works, consider yourself first in line for one.

Keep in mind, these are only going to work on 91-4 Seats as I do not have access to any other versions and they MAY be diffrent. If anyone can verify this for me that would be MOST appreciated.

Another note, you can use these on either seat, drivers or passengers. I have mine on the passengers as I didnt want to mess with trying to attatch it to the harness holes on the other seat.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Nice, looks just like man, except mine is made out of wood :)

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BruHaHa said:
Nice work. My only concern with the bar is the outcome in the event of a side-impact accident.
Well, the thing is about that...I have my seat forward and that one further back that Its not an issue. Ive tried to hit it with my head and cannot. Im shortening the length of the rod also to keep it closer to the seat. Also my MOMO seat will not allow me to come anywhere near the bar. Which is another reason Why I said it could be used on either seat in another post as I would reccommend using it on the drivers side and taking it out when you have a passenger. It literally takes 20 seconds to remove.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Looks like this -

I built one a few years ago, they work pretty damn well.

C

·
Registered
596 Posts
blairellis said:
Well, the thing is about that...I have my seat forward and that one further back that Its not an issue. Ive tried to hit it with my head and cannot. Im shortening the length of the rod also to keep it closer to the seat. Also my MOMO seat will not allow me to come anywhere near the bar. Which is another reason Why I said it could be used on either seat in another post as I would reccommend using it on the drivers side and taking it out when you have a passenger. It literally takes 20 seconds to remove.

That's cool. I figured you would want your seat back a little further for that reason. I like the idea a lot. I recall reading about a set-up 5th gen prelude guys can create where it mounts to the rear deck. I believe those preludes had holes or something in the rear originally intended to help secure child's seats. An aluminum bar was fashioned to run across those holes and another attached perpindicular to that bar which held the video camera. I wonder if we have anything like that in our car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Good stuff, make sure you post up some pics and vids once you get it mounted.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
ha ha!! I LOVE IT!!
Nice piece!!!
But I dont like the idea of keeping the passenger seat in.

Its all good.

Blair,
did you ever got the pics I sent you at hotmail?

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SmoothDaddyFig said:
ha ha!! I LOVE IT!!
Nice piece!!!
But I dont like the idea of keeping the passenger seat in.

Its all good.

Blair,
did you ever got the pics I sent you at hotmail?
Which is why if one desires, they can mount it to their drivers seat :)

I didnt feel like messing with my racing seat so i fashioned this one instead.

I never did get the pics you sent me. If they were more than 1.5 megs its a good chance I didnt get them. PM me your number and I will call you when I am at home and ill tell you to send them to make sure my account doesnt get overloaded.

Thanks guys for the compliments :) Anyone else interested in me making one of these for them??

·
Registered
476 Posts
blairellis said:
I have one final thing to add to this to make it more supportive, but for the most part this is what its going to look like.

thats not rust, its just a wierd lighting. its all aluminum.
Nice. Someone stole my idea. Where did you get the aluminum at? I need some so I can make one. I had this idea a long long time ago. Then my frigging camera got stolen out of my car. So.. i didn't care about making it anymore. I'm about to get a new camera though. So I'd like to know where you got your aluminum from?
I plan on getting one and doing a lot of filming. ;) with mine.
P.S. What kind of camera do you have? I had a Sony DCR-TRV18 it was really nice. I'm looking at getting another one of those, or maybe a TRV10.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts