Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is my setup before i let you all tell me whats wrong,
u12bbdet
u12bbdet ecu
u12bbdet o2
u12bbdet maf
almost new bkre-6 plugs
almost new plug wires

well the problem i am having is i installed a hoodscoop on my car and it rained bad. alot of water got into my sparkplug area where the plug wire meets the plug. i managed to get all the water out, put some newer plugs in and my newer plug wires in. this problem was occuring after it rained, but before the install of the plugs and wires. the problem is hesitation. at 7psi it isnt bad but is still there, under 11psi its bad. i am running 93-94 octane(unocal 76 has 100 octane so i mixed it with our 91) i noticed the hesitation mainly happens under wide open throttle. sometimes it will bog bad sometimes it will run good, then all of a sudden start boggin then back to good again then back to bog again
(has a mind of its own). my timing is set at 15 degrees. this problem happened once in the past but managed to go away on its own after i dried the water up in the sparkplug area. i have 19lbs of vacuum. it idles fine. i even had a spare o2 and installed that and same problem occured. i also checked ecu for codes and got 55(all good).i also checked the grounds and they were all intact. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
My car was bogging ocassionaly sometimes under WOT and once or twice at idle until I learned the hard way. I got stuck on the side of the highway because my fuel pump went out. I'm not saying that what your problem is but its good to check it out.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any more ideas?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was using stock coil, and yesterday i changed it to my de coil and same results. plug gap is at 30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts