SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car seems to be hesitating around 4000 rpm........i dont kno if its my clutch slipping or what.........could i need a tune up or something?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Worth a shot...how many miles on the plugs and junk?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
mines doing it too.. ever since i installed a bored maf, 370 injectors and a jwt ecu. as of now i have no clue what is causing it.. you may want to check your plugs, wires, timing, ect.. good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
you, my friend, may be over fueled, those are some big injectors (unless you're DET, then I apologize). Usually when you install parts, and then something isn't right...it's one of the parts. swap out to the old ones and use process of elimination...it amazes me you guys drive cars with so many problems like they are going to fix them selves.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unnatural SR20 said:
you, my friend, may be over fueled, those are some big injectors (unless you're DET, then I apologize). Usually when you install parts, and then something isn't right...it's one of the parts. swap out to the old ones and use process of elimination...it amazes me you guys drive cars with so many problems like they are going to fix them selves.

um....im guessing that post wasnt for me......but if it was it didnt help at all.......my car is basically stock .....not really any serious mods yet just intake and exhaust.......maby ill do a tune up this week....can i pick up all the tuneup stuff i need from like autozone hehe =)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
well im running a bored maf, 370 injectors and a jwt for a while until I can finish my turbo install.

go to carparts.com or something.. you can get all your plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filters, ect...

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
First just do the tune up, change ur plugs, dis. cap, clean out ur TB, if you have EGR, go to se-r.net and read on how to clean out the tubes and ****..if that doesnt help then...I dunno. Start there tho.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
hesitation could be anything.. like what im going through right now.. try running your ecu engine light code test and see what comes up.. hesistation could be as simple as a fouled plug to something much larger.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i did a full tuneup today.......but havent driven my car yet......hopefully all is good.....the next step is regrounding my maf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts