SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
That clunking sound could be the lower tube of the CAI shifting in the hole as the motor moves. I recently took mine apart, put POR15 on some spaces that had rubbed, then wrapped the part that rubs with blue pinstriping. No more clunking for me.
I dont know about your hesitiation. Make sure your lower tube and MAF adapter are flush.

I have a question for you, and other CAI guys. Do you have any space between the filter and the engine wall? My filter is pressed up against this wall. I'm thinking about adding some larger holes to this wall to make sure I'm not restricting the filter. I dont think warm engine air will be an issue. Tell me what you think.

Jacen

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I've been driving around the last couple days on the WAI setup. I've noticed this before, but I paid extra attention this time. The car is more responsive below 4000 rpm on the short stack, but there definately isn't as much power above 4500rpm. By butt dyno, anyway.

I guess you could call the CAI response below 4000 rpm hesitation. Maybe it takes a little longer to build intake air velocity with the long tube??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.