SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is the question how mutch hp can you get out of a sr20de engine with a det intake and exsaust manafold looking for like 600 or 700 hp using turbo and nitrous and ideas drop a line what parts need to be changed for high out put engine thanks a lot

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so that could work do you think that the ignition will need 2 be redone. like a tec2 system

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pistons, rods, crank, sleeves, cams, valvetrain, headwork, intake manifold/plenum, exhaust manifold, fuel system, ecu, turbo. In other words, the lot.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by big red:
JWT ECU.</font>
You wont get 600-700 hp with a Jim wolf ECU You need to go stand alone, Haltec Tec2 speedpro ect. Yes the Ignition will need to be redone. You are talking about a lot of money and a lot of time on the dyno. Also the stock tranny forgetabout it, you will need to either fortify it, or get gear sets of some sort, But making hp that high range, you will be running through trannys like I change my underwear.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

G

·
So is you 700 hp car up and running yet v8 killer? Didnt think so.

***No. I do not have a 700hp car nor did I ever claim that I did or ever will. I am loking to get 700 hp out of my car. It is a daily driver, with A/C, full interior, etc..

Have you cleaned up your ghetto fabulous install yet? Didn't think so.

Have a nice day,

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

G

·
You wont get 600-700 hp with a Jim wolf ECU You need to go stand alone, Haltec Tec2 speedpro ect.

***Can you explain why you cannot get 600 hp with a JWT ECU?

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Well its posible to get 600-800 hp with a JWT ECU the problem is just the stock Ignitions system and the ability for JWT to make a ECU that can rev and keep track of the fuel and timing past 8000 RPM. My fix for the Ignition is to use a complete harness from a Sylvia, ECU, the Sylvia Ditibuter pickup and the coil packs from the Sylvia a little converting on the distributer to fit a front drive and wala all the ignition power you need at high RPMS.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
It's simply not fesable, How many 4 cyl 600-700 hp cars do you see running around with a stock ecu? Can it be done proobably, but why would you waste your time. So is you 700 hp car up and running yet v8 killer? Didnt think so.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by v8killer:
You wont get 600-700 hp with a Jim wolf ECU You need to go stand alone, Haltec Tec2 speedpro ect.

***Can you explain why you cannot get 600 hp with a JWT ECU?

</font>

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll steer clear of the barbs and make a few comments on what Andreas had to say. Unfortunately the Silvia ignition system is not up to this sort of power, not on the S13 (the only one with a distributer btw), nor on the S14 or S15. The coilpacks you mentioned are one of the big weaknesses, they can't hold a spark past about 22psi.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Have you cleaned up your ghetto fabulous install yet? Didn't think so.

Have a nice day,

[/B]</font>
Actually yes I did, It certainly isn't ghetto but it sure is fabulous. :0) Have a nice day Killer.

Mike C

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i did tech 2, stand alone management, versus staying with the stock management. for one simple reson of doing away with the maf. that is just one less restriction. plus you can control spark, timing, boost amongst many other things. there is endless possibilities with map versus a jwt i feel. again this is just a opinion and i am in no way trying to say i know any better than anyone else or trying to step on toes.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so when you setup the tec2 what did you use for the sensors??? how long did it take you to install it thanks ????

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i had the guys at eip do the install cause it came with unliminted dyno time to tune it. i know it, the tech 2, by itself is like 1500 and another 1000 to install. but after they installed it i will tell you that is is not hard to do. call electromotive they will give you a booklet with the tech for the install and all the proper voltages and gaps to have the car run correct. or you can call eip tuning and they will give you some advice. 1800 784 8100 tell them jimmy with the 200sx on their web page sent you.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts