SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My friend purchased a version of that for our T25/T28 that is made by HKS I believe. I will try to find it and post.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomcat5678 said:
My friend purchased a version of that for our T25/T28 that is made by HKS I believe. I will try to find it and post.
Please do man Im really interested in something like that!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ringgold said:
Please do man Im really interested in something like that!!
So did anyone check out this post? I really want to know if these will work on our T25's?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HkSBlueBird4u said:
wont work simply cause the actuator rod is totall differrent... u can switch them out an try or cut an weld but thats all on u
Dont the actuator rods unbolt? I can maybe swap out the actuator rod on my T25 with the rod that comes with the new kit? Or would I have to make my own custom actuator rod? Other than the rod will that wastegate diaphrom or whatever you call it will it bolt up on my turbo like the stock one does?

·
Banned
979 Posts
yeah, those actuators are for DSM's. Garretts are different. But like the guy said above-contact HKS sbout one..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
JDM_2ner said:
yeah, those actuators are for DSM's. Garretts are different. But like the guy said above-contact HKS sbout one..
I looked at the HKS one but couldnt find the part number for it? I just called HKS and they make one for the S13 SR20DET and it will not work on the BB DET's? SO that kinda cancels that out?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
97SE-R C2 said:
Why would you want a minimum of 17 psi on even a T28? That would be one short turbo lifespan.
Well my car isnt daily driven just mainly out on the weekend nights and to the track. I dont think that it would shorten the lifespan of my turbo since it hardly sees the road that much?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sorry about the little delay. The one my friend bought was an HK$ one from here:

http://store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/hksturackits.html

He said you just have to use our bracket and it will work. Holds 14 psi fine all day long unlike our stock ones that flutter at 14. This one will also go above that fine up to 1.2 bar I believe.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So just the mounting bracket is what we got to use on our car to make this thing work? The actuator rod and everything else from the kit we use? What kind of car and engine did he put this on? The reason for so many questions is because HKS told me that it wouldnt work on the FWD SR20DET stock turbo's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's what my friend told me, he just switched the mounting bracket. Like mentioned above this rod is straight versus the DSM boys and their crooked stuff!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So just change the bracket? I want to make sure that this all you have to do and it will work.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
use your current bracke tand it will work. the dsm's use a bent type auctuator cause they are retarted. the garret type use a straight type. use your bracket and the linked auctuator and you shoould be just fine

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
So what you are saying Jimmy is that s13 one will olt up using our brackets and give up the ability to run 1 bar at all times?

Im in. Ill have to add this to the list of things to order before I get this up on the road.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts