SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I own a 1999 Honda Civic Si at the moment and obviously as you can tell Im a Honda guy, but I love Nissan's too. Im new to this forum, and I have a couple questions for you guys. I am planning on getting a 1996-1998 240sx and swap a sr20det (s15) engine into it. Im just wondering, with that swap done in my car, I should expect mid to high 13's bone stock with that motor right ? Also, do you guys know any good websites from experience that carry good motors and are legit? Ive searched but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
-Arbi

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
www.240sx.org or something like that.
and so you know, the s15 swap is not easy at ALL. electronics are different, mounts are different, etc. just swap in an s14 sr20det and call it a day. youll save a little money that you can put towards upgrades.
and search, hit that button a little.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Stirp, my bad man, was in a hurry when posting. Thanks btw, and sentra dragon, I dont want a nx. I think ill stick with the 240, thanks for the opinion though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, what exactly is the difference between the red-top sr20det (s15 -250hp stock version ) and a black-top ? The 250hp version all comes with the vicious limited slip and 6spd right ? Once again, thanks alot

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
Insane EM1 said:
Also, what exactly is the difference between the red-top sr20det (s15 -250hp stock version ) and a black-top ? The 250hp version all comes with the vicious limited slip and 6spd right ? Once again, thanks alot
red top is the s13 silvia and early 180sx engine. the black top s13 is the one used in the 180sx (a 240sx hatchback basically that run until 97). i don't know the color for the s15 but it has vtc (nissan vtec kinda) and a ball bearing t28. the limited slip was available on all the sr20det cars. and the 6 speed is different as well, but requires a ton of work to fit. the general thing i have always read was stick to your chassis. an s14 in an s14, an s13 in an s13...unless you want a lot of work.

·
Formerly 93veilside240sx
844 Posts
the s14 and s15 SR's both have black vavle covers...you can tell an s14 from an s13 blacktop b/c the s14 valve cover is slanted downwards from the 3rd cylinder back...IMHO, the s15 motor isn't worth all the money that is costs...its only got about 50 extra HP and costs about $1500 more than the s14...then ya gotta consider all the extra work an s15 SR would take when the s14 SR is pretty much plug and play into an s14 chassis...but whatever you decide to do, good luck and drive safe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts