SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to sr20forum.com and i was was wondering what a S13 would get in the 1/4 mile if i droped in an sr20det engine into it with the 2 basic mods like intake and exhaust. Another thing, i can just pull of the brakes and rotors off of any old 300zx and slap them on to my future 240sx, right. i know it'll be a 5 lug patteren but will everything work out? Does it have to come off of a certin year 300zx or is that all the same? I heard that i might need to trim the back plate and get bigger rims in order for the swap to work. I'm really starting to get into 240's and sr20's and since i couldn't find my answer anywhere else, i thought i'd ask here. Any information at all would help me out.

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
JackSpade said:
i'm new to sr20forum.com and i was was wondering what a S13 would get in the 1/4 mile if i droped in an sr20det engine into it with the 2 basic mods like intake and exhaust. Another thing, i can just pull of the brakes and rotors off of any old 300zx and slap them on to my future 240sx, right. i know it'll be a 5 lug patteren but will everything work out? Does it have to come off of a certin year 300zx or is that all the same? I heard that i might need to trim the back plate and get bigger rims in order for the swap to work. I'm really starting to get into 240's and sr20's and since i couldn't find my answer anywhere else, i thought i'd ask here. Any information at all would help me out.
You might want to talk to Tensecond240sx for your questions. I believe that he has the 300zx brakes and rotors on his car. I would say pm him or E-mail him because he only comes to this forum from time to time.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have 300zx brakes on my car. If you car has a 5 lug pattern on it already then you just need to swap rotors calipers and brake lines. if you have a 4 lug pattern then you need to swap out rotors, calipers, lines, spindle, and hub. as to your question about 1/4 times it depends on what sr20 you get and how much weight your car has. look for an average of high 13s if you have stock boost.

·
Registered
348 Posts
oh yeah you need to cut the dust cover so the calipers will clear. i have a 1996 SE and my stock wheels cleared the calipers (just barely)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my plan was to pimp out a 91 240sx and if i'm not mistaken they have a 4 lug pattern. i was gonna put in a black top sr20det into it with headers, exhaust and an intake, do the brake upgrade kit and put a body kit on it. thats pretty much all i have planed for it as of right now.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
wow. ok. lets take some baby steps here.

Black top? ok... but headers? your going to put headers...(plural) on a turbo'd engine... you do understand that you can only "upgrade" the stock manifold.

I think you should do a lot more research before you undertake such a project. You gotta know what your doing to make sure your doing it right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
agree with tuner, you cant just jump into nissans, you need many many hours or reading, and learning before you take on anything like that. and which black top? S13, S14, or S15?

·
Registered
124 Posts
good luck with your project, but please do a little more research. the 240sx is like everything else, how fast you want to go depends on how much $$$ you got;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
240sx is a great car with a sr20det in it. you can hit high 12's with bolt ons and the stock turbo (with drag radials). the beauty of the 240sx is the handling. you will have a hard time finding a car that is so comfortable at high speed turns. the aftermarket is also huge....now. not in 1997 when i had my first 240.
shaun
www.jgycustoms.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well folks, i guess i can't ask a question in this place without the grammer police coming after me trying to make me look like some kid that wet behind the ears and doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes i want a Black top S 13 sr20det for my future 91 240sx. i do know alot about sr20's and the 240sx but from the reasearch that i did do, and it was ALOT of reasearch, i never found anything on how a stock sr20 did in the 1/4. thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
124 Posts
my friends 240(S-14)(sr swap) was stock except the downpipe, and he was pushing 8psi. he had 193whp.
we havent run the 1/4 yet, but you can do some calculations. but remember, the s-14 is a little heavier.

·
Registered
348 Posts
2-300 lbs depending on interior. also please take driver size into consideration. my car is .2 faster in the 1/4 with my roomate driving

1 - 15 of 15 Posts