SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it says this "u12 bluebird sr20det motor with top mount intercooler. (top mount not reccomended to be used"...................so if the intercooler is not used how is it moved, or what do people nomally do

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
I say it depends on what type of motor you are runnin a TMI on.If you
are runnin a DET you should be okay to run a TMI but I recommend you upgrade to FMI later.If you have a Blue Bird set up on a DE its not safe to run the TMI cause the comp of the motor is to high and runnin the TMI is basically the same as runnin without an intercooler at all.You are prone to detonate, unless you add a hood scoop,don't do it be safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TREYDEE said:
I say it depends on what type of motor you are runnin a TMI on.If you
are runnin a DET you should be okay to run a TMI but I recommend you upgrade to FMI later.If you have a Blue Bird set up on a DE its not safe to run the TMI cause the comp of the motor is to high and runnin the TMI is basically the same as runnin without an intercooler at all.You are prone to detonate, unless you add a hood scoop,don't do it be safe.

prone to detonate, if I dont add a scoop, wow, but how much does it usually run if I fo go to fmi, for a 1995 sentra any guess

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
1st off, do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again.So get an intercooler bigger than the TMI, but not too big, like 18-22 inches wide by 8-12 inches long.
It should cost you about $300-$500 depending on pipe thickness and what type of pipes you want.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nizzan4u2nv said:
The t25 kit is good for approx. 220hp depending on boost level and supporting mods. Its a full bolt on kit, a good idea if your motor is still good.

well I dont have the motor yet me and my dad are gonna order the sr20 bluebird pretty soon, so I was thinking I wanted to be more then 220hp but need to know what upgrade of a turbo to take u know

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.