SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once was lost, but now I am found... this forum is the is sh#$%. Anyway I own a 91 black NX2000 and my question may seem very stupid but here it goes... what size are the front speakers on the NX, and also I don't have power windows, how do I get the door panel off with the window crank in the way. I tried pulling on it but I don't want to break it. I would appreciate any input from you guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i have polk audio in the front, 4x6's, they look like miniature 6x9's. dont know about that whole "not having power windows" thing, ive been blessed with power everything!!!! hehe

------------------
92 nx2000 with someone special driving it!

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by venx:
I once was lost, but now I am found... this forum is the is sh#$%. Anyway I own a 91 black NX2000 and my question may seem very stupid but here it goes... what size are the front speakers on the NX, and also I don't have power windows, how do I get the door panel off with the window crank in the way. I tried pulling on it but I don't want to break it. I would appreciate any input from you guys</font>
Try http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-Kg96uLWYz7I/Auto.asp for what fits. Insert rag under the window winder work it back and forth and upward and the retaining circlip should catch and pop-out. Watch for where it flies to in case it takes off. Putting it back is a bit tougher (needle nose and screwdriver may help).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, my front speakers were driving me crazy with this buzzing sound, I guess I should have replaced them when I replaced the back ones and like I said earlier this forum is the s#$%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A nice set of 6 1/2s will fit in the door with a little cutting of the old speaker mount and maybe a little on the inside of the door. I did the 6 1/2s and just think it's tops. Good luck.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I put in 4 1/4" JBL speekers in my front doors they work really well for me... should put some dyno mat in there too.

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got finished putting in the speakers, I ended up putting in jensens 6 1/2 triaxial speakers, they sound pretty good (anything is better than what I had before)

AC7880 you don't need any tools to put the clip back, you just put it in place before installing the window crank and then just pop it in, very easy.
Thanks again to all of you who answered.

p.s. how do I do the signature picture?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts