SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Working on it !
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work for the canadian army reserve forces and this summer i've been tasked on ceremonial guard at the ottawa parliment.

i've never been in ottawa .

Are there interesting places i should drop by : go fast shops, jdm import places ,BARs,and such?

also, what's the legal drinking age in ontario?

thanks mates

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
The legal drinking age in Ontario is 19. Check out 90s night at Barrymore's (Thursday night). It is on Bank st. a few KM South of the parliament buildings. There are tons of cool bars in the downtown market. Check out 'La Grande Guele' in Gatineau, there are about 5 girls for every guy at that place.

·
Working on it !
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gatineau is in quebec isn't it?

cool tip on bars but i'm currently 18 and my job "army" and my college program
"police tech" doesn't allow me to use fake id's a lot ;)

what about go fast shops cause in quebec city they aren't real big

http://www.centremecanau.com/index2.html

that's the biggest one i know around here

·
Missing my SR
300 Posts
Go fast shops ? Amigo Karting !!

http://complexeamigo.com/ :tongue:

Seriously. There is Tapp Auto wich has a dyno and can tune. The best place to go to for parts and automotive stuff is NoLimits Autoparts. Im no too familiar with the speed shops in town tho. The only one ive dealt with is Initial Tuning.

For things to see. Go at the corner of Merivale and Medowlands on Friday nights. Lots of cars.

Two local website to check out are www.midnightruns.com or www.redliners.ca and www.neo240sx.ca

Go see the War museum if you have a change, its free on Thursday nights after 4pm, really nice museum.

There is also Calabogie Motorsports Park and Shannonville Motorsports Park which are about 2 hrs drive each. Calabogie is a wicked track. Shannonville is a nice learning track. If you into Motorsports at all, you should join the Motorsport Club of Ottawa (MCO). Plenty of Solo2 action, rallies and track days.

Im not into bars much, but in Gatineau the drinking age is 18... Im not sure if the Grande Geule is still open tho.

Let me know when you're in town, we'll go for a beer... on the Quebec side :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts