SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess by your name you are also a DSM guy. I have a couple of friends with DSM's and was courious on your setup. One friend has a 2g FWD that is getting a 1G built botor with a level 6 Mutt from DSM performance. Another friend has a 2gFWD automatic, with a built automatic, level 1 Mutt for automatics. The last one has a 1G AWD with a cyclone motor, and a level 3 mutt. It appears he just blew his motor, or at least his headgasket. He is down 35psi in cyl 3 over the other 3.

Just wanted to hear from another person on the board that had something more than a SR20.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
My setup is ok for what I spent. But I'm redoing my setup
getting a new manifold bigger Intercooler, a Head thats not warped and most important BIGGER injectors
660cc my T3/T4 is a stage 3 or 2 I can't remember it's been so long since I bough it. Tell your friends to keep an eye on those EGT's and he won't blow up those motors :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He blew up his motor from letting it over heat. He drove it for a week with no fans on the radiator (that leaks), with a front mount, and driving the crap out of it.. He can be stupid like that. The Automatic has a EGT, and the one with a built motor on the way has a EGT also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts