SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My name is Art, I'm from CT. I drive a '97 se-r as you can probably tell from my name. I have been lurking on the board for a while.
I'm having a problem with the hooking up the EGR valve to the header.
I stripped the sh*t out of the bolt that threads the tube to the header. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could do ?

I don't want to get rid of the EGR system and I've looked through the archives to no avail.

Art
teal '97, with HS Header (almost),

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Hey Art, its Ryan with the black SE-R. We raced one night on the pike. Just wanted to say whats up and hope to see ya on the pike sometime soon.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (waiting for patiently)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's up Ryan, yeah I remember,I'll see you this spring. I have been lightly modding my car this past winter. All I gotta do is get this header finished...and just keep moving on to a few more things.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
get the bolt egt bolt started before you put the header on totally. that or loosen up the two 10mm bolts in the back to get some slack on it. the first time I did it I learned. header is easy now.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Art_Teal97:
board for a while.
I'm having a problem with the hooking up the EGR valve to the header.
</font>
I thought the only thing on the header was that O2 sensor?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only reason I ask is because I plan on replacing my headers soon (hopefully)!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonderful....Another Nutmegger
Glad to see another New Englander here on the board. Ryan and I have been in contact about parts, so I might run into you at some point. As far as the thread problem goes, ahve you tried rethreading it manually? That might be the only option you have if it's REALLY stripped.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried unscrewing the the two 10mm bolts, which got me some slack but it wasn't enough because I really stripped the bolt. I guess those eight 14mm bolts are coming off next.

-Art

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
if you are referring to the manifold to head bolts, do that. what do you mean another new englander? thats all that is on this board. TX is twice the size of your whole region, and we have like 4 people

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 13 of 13 Posts