SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with out rubbing on kyb adj and gc's???? i think 195 is a little too small...

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Yes they will fit, but they will be incorrect rolling diameter. 195/50/15 is extremely close to stock diameter.

If you care about that sort of thing...

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
222 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Yes they will fit, but they will be incorrect rolling diameter. 195/50/15 is extremely close to stock diameter.

If you care about that sort of thing...
</font>

Well, what difference would the width have on the diameter? A 50 series 15" tire is the same as a 60 series 14" as far as diameter is it not?? Never heard of the width being a factor.

Jason

·
Registered
909 Posts
I am pretty sure the 2nd number (50) is a persent of the width. So a 205/50 would be a taller tire than a 195/50. Not real sure on this though.

MarC

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
with out rubbing on kyb adj and gc's???? i think 195 is a little too small...</font>
Yes. But with any offset but 40 and up. 38-35 is the offset you need. If you are going with a 195 then a 40mm will work.
I have a 205 45 16 with a 40mm offset. Fits like a 205 50 15 with 35mm offset. Wierd but true.

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi..pretty white.. why not off set of 40 will it rub??

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
hi..pretty white.. why not off set of 40 will it rub??</font>
40 offset on a 15" rim will rub the struts. I had two sets of tires with this offset and they both rubbed the struts. Switching to a 35 mm helped. So yes, this is a fact. A 195 will (or may who knows) not rub. But my 16's with a 40mm offset is OK. Go figure.
BTW, Vince McManns wife told him he wanted a divorce. I just love wrestling now. (again). Now only if they could bring back Coco Beware, Hacksaw Jim Duggin, Virgil and Ted Diabisi and Greg The hammer Halentine etc.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yup they fit nicely! 205 50 15 this is a plus one upgrade with the widest tire. 3:16

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow, really wierd that I'm planning on getting the same size. I'm hoping to just buy new rims and tires (15" 50 205 for my '93 Classic. There's on stock struts right now but I hope to get AGXs). You mean I just can't go in and pick a rim and a tire, and just mount the darn things myself? What's "Offset"? Sorry for my ignorance...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts