SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this wrecked maxima at a junkyard and they were selling the hid's for real cheap and since i like hid's i was wondering if maxima hid's would fit on my 200sx with projectors...
 

·
Red line chaser
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
After seeing what some others go through with retrofits, I doubt it will be too easy, but it would be worth it to put in a lil custom work to make it happen. It wouldn't be a drop-in affair. It's a shame that CarbonBlack200 had to leave the country because I'd tell you to PM him, but a few others have pulled it off also. I remember Sage3 putting Integra low beam projector lenses into his projectors to focus the light better and then adding a HID kit along with it and his turned out pretty good. Liuspeed had a S2000 retrofit done on a set of crystal clear headlights and has pics up too. I'll join this club a bit later down the road when I complete a few other projects first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WickedSR20 said:
After seeing what some others go through with retrofits, I doubt it will be too easy, but it would be worth it to put in a lil custom work to make it happen. It wouldn't be a drop-in affair. It's a shame that CarbonBlack200 had to leave the country because I'd tell you to PM him, but a few others have pulled it off also. I remember Sage3 putting Integra low beam projector lenses into his projectors to focus the light better and then adding a HID kit along with it and his turned out pretty good. Liuspeed had a S2000 retrofit done on a set of crystal clear headlights and has pics up too. I'll join this club a bit later down the road when I complete a few other projects first.
Thanx man... I'll buy them regardless and see if it will fit or not... If not i'll just sell them... Hopefully it will fit cause i love the look of hid's...

Later;
Hugo C.
 

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
SEfknR said:
Thanx man... I'll buy them regardless and see if it will fit or not... If not i'll just sell them... Hopefully it will fit cause i love the look of hid's...

Later;
Hugo C.
I don't think fitting is the problem, it's all the cutting/fabricating that I'd be worried about :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98SERwTricks said:
I don't think fitting is the problem, it's all the cutting/fabricating that I'd be worried about :(
that's what im worried about... I dunno if there's enough space since hid bulb are long and the inside of the projectors is kinda "crowded"...
 

·
On Vacation
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
All I know is that my boys made Maxima HID fit into there b13 headlights. I simply went the easy way out..I bought aftermarket HIDs.

Manny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Grab them things b4 somebody else grabs them. Do an experiment w/ them & let us know how it works out.
 

·
GT30R'd Up
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
Ok, I have infiniti I35 HID Ballasts in my car as we speak. I don't know you will have a problem with getting HID bulbs into your projector lights b/c i believe the Projectors use a H1 bulbs right? I fit some HIDs From a Infiniti Q45 on my Sister's 02 Altima that also uses a H1 bulb. The ballast are an easy hook up, One Positive and One Negative.......Hope this Info helps.

Allan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
The proj. use H3's but it still worth a try to make them work if he's getting it from a Junkyard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for the info guys i will be doing this soon as i have purchased them already... i will give in info after im done
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
John Doe said:
The proj. use H3's but it still worth a try to make them work if he's getting it from a Junkyard.

H3's ?? :confused: I thought those were only for fogs?
 

·
AWD owns me
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
so this is possible. i guess i feel lucky for scoring two porsch twin turbo HIDs from work. anyone want to buy if i don't use them pm me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey what's up guys... I started the install yesterday and so far it looks like it will work... I'll probably finish today, and if so i'll let you guys know how it went
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
93W91SER said:
so this is possible. i guess i feel lucky for scoring two porsch twin turbo HIDs from work. anyone want to buy if i don't use them pm me
I forgot, where do you work @ again? I might hop up on that, depending on the difficulty of installation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey what's up guys... The HID;s are on and let me tell you that they look awesome... I was right about the clearance of the bulbs... The HID bulbs are about 2 inches long and the hit the lens on the projector, so what i did was bolt on a braket of a mercedes into the projector and silicone the bulb into it and that's ll it took... Ill try to get some pics later this week...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
paNX2K&SE-R said:
from what i read in that article i do believe that most people don't care about how they do install their HID kits, but that doesn't mean that i don't... I made sure that they were pointing down and not up which would blind oncoming drivers... And another thing is that the kit i got only cost $100 and it's a HELLA kit and it has improved my visibility over the H3 bulbs that came with my "projectors"...
 

·
Red line chaser
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
SEfknR said:
from what i read in that article i do believe that most people don't care about how they do install their HID kits, but that doesn't mean that i don't... I made sure that they were pointing down and not up which would blind oncoming drivers... And another thing is that the kit i got only cost $100 and it's a HELLA kit and it has improved my visibility over the H3 bulbs that came with my "projectors"...
Sounds good. Just waiting for some pics to see how they turned out.
 

·
Boost is better than sex!
Joined
·
521 Posts
I saw Hugo's (SEfknR) car with the HID's installed. Very nice! The beam is strong and is spread out pointing down. Also, the high beams still work because 200SX projectors use a two bulb system as opposed to the single 9004 bulb used by stock headlamps.
All in all, a very nice mod
!!!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top