SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for High compression pistons between 10.5:1 to 11:1. Anyone know where i can get them. I need them soon I do not want to wait for custom ones right now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also do the 300xz NA pistons work well? and can they use the stock rods?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup okay dude.....u try and find sr20de 11:1 new pistons right now i called just about everywhere

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
He's telling you to search.....

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I think you could use sr20ve pistons, but youre gonna have to search on your own for that. With 11:1 compression you will need a JWT ecu, because you will need different fuel maps, or youll get detonantion.

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
SR16VE pistons will give you about 12 to 1 and there about 150 a set, just run high octane and you should be ok.

·
Banned
543 Posts
What All Would U Have To Do When Switching From 9 To 1 To 10 Or 11 To 1.i Mean What Else Would U Have To Change And Would It Be Ok For Everyday Driving

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
you might want to get a new ecu from jwt, or just get an safc, and you should have a good set of plugs and what not, but with high compression youd have to run premium gas at least so you wouldnt get detonation.

·
Registered
160 Posts
call Jim Wolf Technology
tell them to send you a set
they have a bunch of them on the shelf.

300ZX N/A 87mm Ben will know what you're talking about

JWT's # is 619.442.0680

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
race engineering has 11:1 87mm pistons in stock i bought a set and have them in a jdm motor

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about Wiseco flat tops?

·
Registered
28 Posts
01Sentra said:
What about Wiseco flat tops?
I friend of mine just put together his bottom end with 11:1 87mm bore wiseco pistons and it all went together fine. I have heard from a fellow forum dude that wiseco pistons have shady rings. They do cost a bit less though so thats always a plus.
I'll get back to this thread once I here back from my bud.
Anyone else have an opinion about wiseco??

·
Registered
138 Posts
[/QUOTE]What All Would U Have To Do When Switching From 9 To 1 To 10 Or 11 To 1.i Mean What Else Would U Have To Change And Would It Be Ok For Everyday Driving
Yes its ok for everyday driving if you like paying 20 to 30 extra cents a gallon for 93 octane :) BTW if you use 300zx pistons do not get the nissan ring set. They burn ALOT of oil.

·
Banned
543 Posts
i run 93 in everything i own even my wifes stock jetta.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts