SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy ****!!!

So I was playing around with the idea of building a custom rear sway bar using an off the shelf tubular sway bar for the P11

Sway bar rates can be found here A 42" long bar will fit inbetween the trailing arms of the beam suspension on the P11 (It measures 43" give or take).

Being the hella cool designer I am, figured, hell, ill just build some custom sway bar arms to bolt up to the rear suspension. After finding out a 48 serration spline broach will run upwards of $500 :eek2: :eek2: , figure ill stick with the off the shelf sway bar arm...

So what wall thickness you think I should run for the rear sway bar on the P11? I was thinking the 0.120" wall, it gives me rates from 191-286 lbs, the next size up gives me rates of 253-378 lbs, depending on where I attach the end of the arm at....

The nice thing about this, all the parts interchange so you can tune the rates on the sway bar. Im running 380lb springs in the rear with the AGX/GC combo right now....

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont know the thickness on the addco...check on g20.net

im trying to get some B15 measurements...david said the P11 is *about* the same as a b15, so that might be an option too.

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
If the B15 one is too small, look into getting some measurements of the bar that Stillen makes for the Maximas.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
martin_g34 said:
So if ADDCO makes a rear sway, why are we fabricating one Chino???
0.888" diameter bar means it has a spring rate of less than 200. It is also only 25% stiffer than stock.

There are commerically available sway bars out there, just nothing like the Progress bar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts