SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody switch out their stock cat converter? Im debating on switching mine out. how many miles should i replace it at? is it worth it? Is random technologies the only ones making them? any help is appreciated.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
random tech is a good company. unless you suspect yours is dieing there is really no need to get a new one. If you are doign it for preventative maitence then go right ahead. catco makes one also i think. but i have heard of more people using the random tech one. but the cat is usualy something that lasts a long time unless you go dumping lots of gas down it and it melting.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you want to free up some more exhaust go for the Random Tech, you will notice a little better throttle response. Or gut out your stock cat with a straight pipe through, you will be surprized at the difference it makes.

Alfie

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
enjoyDride said:
Tell my why there would not be any power gains, cuz I might be a little confused here. DONT tell me I gutted my cat for no reason.;)

Alfie

;)

Well I may have jumped the gun a little. Depends solely on your mods. An NA SR20 won't see any gains by removing or gutting the cat. In fact, there have been instances where the car actually LOST power.

However I notice you mention NOS. If you have NOS or a turbo you will see gains. Just not with bolt-ons, it just makes the car annoyingly loud and pollutes the enviroment unneccasarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts