SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this was discussed before and I'm currently doing research but I could really use some fresh advice. This may be a search or a nOob question but please don't flame me! I blew my engine and basically I need a new one ASAP. I went to Soko and their high port engines go for $375+tax while the low port engines go for $750+tax. That's almost double that! I can get a det for $1000-$1300 depending on a few factors.

I'm dead broke right now this is why I am leaning toward the high port engine. I know that I'll most likely have to purchase a b13 ecu and a b13 wiring harness (?).. I already PMed SDF since he did the swap (low port to high port) but also I have to keep in mind the emissions here in Illinois.

I specifically would like to know who swapped the high port engine into a b14. If anyone knows about someone please PM me I would really appreciate it! What are my best options? What do you guys recommend? Sorry for all this venting but I have to do something about this and I'm losing my mind :(

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nollan said:
get the highport. use your stock harness and ecu. save money.
yes this is what i want to do but will it work :confused: i don't image it being a very simple swap

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also i heard that the fuel rail is very often bent on the high port engines so i'll have to add this to the list if i want to get the high port engine swap done

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chris! I'm assuming there's not much difference between a high port DE and a DET (other than the turbo components).

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just did a highport swap in my 96, pretty straight forward but I still have some hoses on the intake I can't matchup with anything. Overall, its not bad.

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Stabone! is there a documentation or link that you focused on? what do you mean by a straight forward swap? please help me out!

also kind of off topic - but is your high port a 10:1 engine?

tia

PK

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Me and my cousin just finished our swap into my 95 b14 the motor is a highport outa a 93 infinity g20,there are a few things i have 2 modify the throttle cable,swap over ur flywheel/clutch,some sensors forget which ones(you should have some left over)and the intake hose will be short so ull have to stretch it sorta,also one of the motor mounts is diffrent the one right above the pullies get the one outa a b13 cause only 1 bolt ill line up goodluck....

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i have a brand new flywheel/clutch going in so i guess i dont have to worry about that.

also im getting the protane motor mounts. they are the same for 91-99 sr20s. since they are aftermarket i guess i dont have to worry about those.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

once again thanks guys for the input!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
oh yea we also switched over the distriburator from the lowport to the highport(cause the sensor didnt line up) and adjusted the timing

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
thats all i can think of we started monday finished wednesday afternoon we had to drop the tranny too to take out the motor,its a straight drop in but alot of little **** u have to mess with..

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
12.30se-r92 said:
its a straight drop in but alot of little **** u have to mess with..
wait.. now you are saying a lot of little **** :( what else is there to be done? thanks in advance.

pk

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
A 98 might be different but hope this helps

Things about the 98 200SX SE-R swap:

*You will have 3 solenoids left over (not a problem)
*You will have 1 big sensor that sits on top the 98 inatake manifold left over (shouldn't be a problem).
*You will have 1 EGT sensor left over (not a problem).
*Throttle body will have 1 plug left over (not a problem if u modify the throttle position sensor) I'll post pics of a before and after TPS mod
**Bounus if u have a W11 Avenir throttle body you can use that it allows for the mounting of the 2 plug TPS sensor found on 98 SR20DE

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
98se-rTurbo said:
A 98 might be different but hope this helps

Things about the 98 200SX SE-R swap:

*You will have 3 solenoids left over (not a problem)
*You will have 1 big sensor that sits on top the 98 inatake manifold left over (shouldn't be a problem).
*You will have 1 EGT sensor left over (not a problem).
*Throttle body will have 1 plug left over (not a problem if u modify the throttle position sensor) I'll post pics of a before and after TPS mod
**Bounus if u have a W11 Avenir throttle body you can use that it allows for the mounting of the 2 plug TPS sensor found on 98 SR20DE
i'm pretty sure that the 98 and 99 will be very similar.. both years were very strict on emissions..

anyways - what kind of engine did you drop in the 98? was it a high port sr20 (just making sure)..

also another thing - the 3 solenoids, the EGT sensor, and the big sensor, and the throttle body plug.. will that make me fail emissions? will it have any influence on gas mileage, etc?

sorry for the nOob questions - i really appreciate your feedback!

pk

·
Registered
470 Posts
akapaul said:
wait.. now you are saying a lot of little **** :( what else is there to be done? thanks in advance.

pk

I think the little stuff he is talking about is extending the IACV-FICD wires,no big deal. I also extended the knock sensor wire. It was also kinda scary because I went from lots of vacuum hoses to almost none. I also have two hoses on the intake leftover and I think(not sure)they are for the purge canister, my only guess. I would use all your sensors just because they are still new. Otherwise, for someone like me who has never done anything more than change brake pads, I was able to do this swap myself, no help.

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks again! do you know what type/kind high port engine you put in? jdm? ukdm? what is the compression?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts