SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking through the archives to see if this question had been answered before and couldnt find it.

If i were to install the f-max stage 2 kit, with an intercooler, whats the highest SAFE boost i can run on the engine? 9psi? 11psi? anyone know?

Also.. running that said amount of boost with camshafts and other minor mods, what kind of times would I be looking at in a 200sx on street tires? Basically I want to know if boosting on stock internals is going to give me what I want, or if I'll need to build the entire engine. Thanks for any info..

[This message has been edited by runetang (edited 08-30-2001).]

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Well, if you do your homework right, you can be like Jay Hass. who pushed ~21 psi (409 whp) and was on the brink of 11's in his SE-R. All on the stock bottom end.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was bored so i set the topics all the way back a whole year and read all the discussions on watercooling
Sounds like a great idea .. how much does the water cooling system cost?

16 psi 1mm watercooled with 100 octane gas sounds like a plan to me, maybe with a head gasket to drop the compression a tad.

On a side note, you guys should really check out this wide body kit I found for the 200sx, its SWEET.

http://quwhees.tripod.com/200sx.htm

[This message has been edited by runetang (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Not too sure what the water system costs. Dropping compression by using the headgasket is the worst way it can be done. If you want lower compression, change the pistons, don't use a thicker head gasket.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
84 Posts
If your goals are to make under 400 HP and run 12's in the 1/4 mile then you should be happy with what the stock internals will handle. If you want 400+ HP and 11 second timeslips then you should plan on building the bottom end and go through the head.

Ben Benavides
1995 200SX
10.34 @ 138 MPH

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said it before and i'll say it again 14psi feels GREAT!!!!!!!.

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
Anybody know anyone or places in Florida to get turbo motors, or to get my motor built up, I don't want to trust anyone that doesn't know our engines specifically, the NOS thing is getting kind of old at 55shot, I really need the JWT ECU so I can run 75shot and some boost to go along with it, but there is nothing for my baby yet, anyone in Fl. that can help? thanks,
JCC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody know anyone or places in Florida to get turbo motors

***Andreas Miko in Miami would be a good place to start. His number is 305-282-3643.

or to get my motor built up

***I can do a build up for you in my shop here in Tampa, or Andreas can do it for you in Miami.

I don't want to trust anyone that doesn't know our engines specifically

***I have a lot of experience with the internals and tuning of SR20 engines, as does Andreas.

E-mail me at [email protected] or call Andreas.

Good luck,

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Hey Jay, how's the car? I can speak for both Jay's, and Andreas' knowledge when it comes to Nissans. With that being said, I don't know if it's possible to do a DET swap on a B15. Maybe you could somehow use the DET's ecu or purchase a 95-97 ECU and have JWT reprogram it?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
Thanks guys, at least I know I don't have to go to BFE to get some good worksmanship. I should have some money pieced together by December, I will let you know. later,
JCC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Jay, how's the car?

***It is still in pieces right now. I am getting ready to install the forged pistons and rods pretty soon. I have been very busy building other people's cars instead of my own. I will be taking some time to work on my project again soon, though.

I can speak for both Jay's, and Andreas' knowledge when it comes to Nissans.

***Thanks for the props.

With that being said, I don't know if it's possible to do a DET swap on a B15.

***Yes, it is possible. You can use the JDM harness and ECU, but you will have to hack up the harness and modify it to make it work in the LHD configuration. Or, you can probably get a 1995-1997 ECU and have JWT reprogram it.

You could even get the DET ECU reporgrammed if you want larger injectors or a different MAF.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts