SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now i have searched my ass off, so please, dont think this has not been looked into ..

I am confused mainly about one thing. I have a 96 200SX I am dropping a High Port into. NOW I have searched and noticed some people say i need to swap out the wiring harness as well, some people say there is no need to. Can ya'll offer me any insight on this? I am going to pick up the engine to this weekend.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Just swap over the OBD-II sensors on your current motor to the high-port motor and you'll be set.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoa the search man helped me! haha j/k man. Thanks for the info.

Anything else ya'll have to offfer before i jump into this, this is my first swap..

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
you should PM Akapaul as he just had a low to high port swap done......

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I have been reading up on that thread. And one other question. I read that the front motor mount had to be swapped out for that of a B13. But I only read that once, now do I have to do that? I was thinking about ordering the Prothane Motor Mounts from Lightning motorsports to go ahead and take care of all that.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Never heard of that. I don't see why you'd have to get a B13 mount to install a high-port in your car. The only real difference between both motors is the head design. There are some differences in terms of OBD-I and OBD-II wiring and stuff, but that's about it (only exception is the RR SR).

·
Registered
470 Posts
SE-Romeo said:
yeah I have been reading up on that thread. And one other question. I read that the front motor mount had to be swapped out for that of a B13. But I only read that once, now do I have to do that? I was thinking about ordering the Prothane Motor Mounts from Lightning motorsports to go ahead and take care of all that.
I just did a conversion as well. you need to use the motor bracket from you lowport motor, because the bracket on the jdm has bolt holes that are further apart. Just take the bracket off and replace the jdm bracket with yours and your good to go. As far as the sensors go, swap ALL of yours over. I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I thought that was kinda odd too, but i figured better safe than sorry to ask. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one last question lol, would it fit in the trunk of a taures? I am driving to get it tom morning, and am tryign to decide whether to take a truck (ford ranger, very unfortably) or the taures. Big trunk, but i dunno if it would fit, even just tying the trunik down, i dont care lol.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Take a truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts