SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Hiper filter in the mail and put some pictures up here:

http://www.geocities.com/ben_missele/hiper.html

The air filter is the same on that comes with the HS CAI. Mine didn't have any lettering on it at all. The MAF adapter is decent. I haven't put it on my car yet, so I don't know how it is going to fit, but I'll take some pictures once I get it on and let everyone know how it goes. I don't expect any problems. I don't know when I'll get around to it, though. I need to pull my cam cover and fix my cam timing as well. :eek: Maybe I'll just bolt up the filter and fix the timing later. It seems to be running fine, it just idles like crap!

Ben
'93 NX

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
I have the same one. It seems to work OK. The filter seems to bounce around a bit more than the stock air box did. Is that a concern? I have a piece of wood under it to provide some support.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a concern because the filter could possibly fall off if it bounces around enough. I know this was a problem with the CAIs. Mine came apart numerous times. Hmmm... I wonder if the bouncing around is rough on the MAF. If so, that's a fairly expensive piece to replace.

Some people have made a bracket of sorts that attaches to the stock airbox screw holes and holds the filter in place. I think I will try to fab something like this up when I install mine.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try to make it to the get together. My sister is having her graduation/birthday party that day and I have a halloween party to go to, but I will try to stop by. My NX is in rough shape right now and I don't think I'll have time this week to look at it.

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts