SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
huh??
3,407 Posts
I just installed one of these on the black sentra two nights ago... fitment was excellent and looks great on a sentra :D
sounds good too!

·
Ser Charles
1,948 Posts
wow the price is still the same from 15 years ago on these puppies.

·
se-r faithful
196 Posts
did anybody ever do a dyno to see how much power a 2.5 exhaust make over this one? cause i have this exhaust and love it, very quiet and nice note when you get on it, but everybody says this exhaust is choking my s4 cams.

·
Ser Charles
1,948 Posts
did anybody ever do a dyno to see how much power a 2.5 exhaust make over this one? cause i have this exhaust and love it, very quiet and nice note when you get on it, but everybody says this exhaust is choking my s4 cams.
Back in the B13 infancy, it was believed that all cars needed back pressure hence the chambered design of the HKS muffler. If was more free flowing then stock and sounded more aggressive so people were content for about a year until the Trust(now Greddy) exhaust came out and was angled but a straight through design. Soon after, Borla, Dynomax Ultraflow and a few others followed the straight through design.

Anyway, we tested the different exhausts and found the Trust exhaust had more 3-4 gear pull then the HKS. The HKS back then was 2.25" and the Trust was only 2". Seeing these results consistently at the track and in times, people felt the HKS lacked the top end the straight through designed mufflers had. The stigma of chambered exhausts being more for bottom end stayed ever since.

·
DBA/IT
1,231 Posts
I made 240 whp 240 tq with a t25, s3s, 13 psi with this exhaust. people think your s4's are "choking" with the exhaust? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I made 240 whp 240 tq with a t25, s3s, 13 psi with this exhaust. people think your s4's are "choking" with the exhaust? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But just think of how much more you'll make if you were running a 3 inch...You'll probably gain about 10-15whp.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say it's choking it , but it's definitely not running to its full potential.

·
ahab91NX
423 Posts
yeah everything but the muffler fit on my car, so i had to weld a thrush turbo muffler onto mine, which dont sound half bad either , not ricey at all

as soon as i have pix im sellin this muffler , mines in great shaep

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
yeah everything but the muffler fit on my car, so i had to weld a thrush turbo muffler onto mine, which dont sound half bad either , not ricey at all

as soon as i have pix im sellin this muffler , mines in great shaep
Is it a rear section or just a muffler? Does it have the hangers on it? And will it fit a se-r? either way how much you looking to get?

Definitely would like to see pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts