SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my current turbo setup since i have since upgraded. I would like to sell evrything except the ecu and injectors as a complete kit but will part out if there is no movement as a full kit. I will try to get pics up asap. fell free to pm me with questions.

1: hks gt3037 turbo 52t .73ar exhaust side .60ar comp side with teh garrett gt30 compressor housing. has about 7k miles on it and is in good shape with no unusual shaft play. I did have to sand down i little of the comp housing to get it to clear the block but nothing major at all. I also had the piece of charge pipe welded to the compressor as i had a continuess problem of blowing it off. The pipe is 2 inch diamiter and about 10 inches long and will work perfect for anyone else who is running a fwd sr20 setup. Turbo is capable of 400+hp and is vertually lag free. You can actually hear the turbo spinning for a full 30-45 seconds after you shut the car off. I will also include the oil and water lines which are in decent shape

2: gtir manifold flanged by ANDRIS for 40mm tial external wastegate. manifold looks brand new and i do not think you will find a better externally flanged gtir mani anywhere.

3: custom made 3 inch stainless steel maderal bent dp. This dp is made specificaly to fit this turbo kit. it has the dumptube for the wastegate welded into it and has 2 o2 bungs. 1 for you normal o2 sensor the other is great for a wideband or whatever else. It also has an exhaust cutout welded in for track days so you can run open dp. Cutout comes with the blockoff plate and new gasket.

I would like to get $1000 plus shipping for these items which i feel is a very fair deal. I am however willing to negotiate

4: Jwt ecu 50lb 3 bar cobra maf program for 95-97 ser w/ manual trans and 8.5:1 comp. $400 shipped- SOLD

5: 4 msd 50lb injectors in good shape. $150 shipped

Pics are located mid way down the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
I'd like to see pics of it installed, how was the piping run?

What rpm does it spool, and where does it hit full boost?
What boost levels do you run / have you run on it in the past?

Very interested in the setup, but I was gearing up for a GT28RS upgrade, how does this turbo compare? I know it is rated for higher HP, but I'm more concerned with the spool, driveability, etc.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is the kit however it has changed a bit. The dp pictured i had remade in stainless steel just a few months back and i did not use that intercooler piping. also the gtir manifold has been bead blasted and is vertiualy brand new.

As far as spool up the turbo has almost no lag. It spool just as fast a disco potato and does not fall off up top. I do not have pics of the kit installed and will work on getting pics asap.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
.......this is what NPM had to say about this turbo , for the doubters.......

>>>""The GT 3037 uses .60 A/R T04E Garrett compressor housing. Rob selected a 52 trim compressor wheel in this housing because of its broad efficiency range that reaches close to 78% through 20 psi of boost. The wheel is of more modern design than the Turbonetics T04E and has significantly higher mechanical limits, meaning it can spin faster without destroying itself. This wheel choice should also be good for achieving our desired peak hp goal and quick boost response.
On the exhaust side of the turbo, the HKS turbine is unique as it has the same flange (footprint) as a T-25 turbo, which is common for factory turbo charging. This makes the GT 3037 an ideal choice as a replacement turbo, provided any fitment problems with the large compressor housing. A .73 A/R turbine housing was used in our application because it flows more than the big T-3 turbine and requires 15-20% less inertia. This size turbine housing has also worked well on other 2-liter Mitsubishi applications. Basic benefits are that this housing lacks an internal wastegate port, which helps clean up the flow in the turbin. It also has a good aerodynamic design that allows more flow for the amount of energy used to spin the turbine. Finally, the diffuser at the outlet of the turbine is tapered for a better transition of exhaust gasses into the downpipe. These are not breakthrough design features, just improvements on what has been produced already; which is always a good recipe for more power in our book.
The turbine housing on the GT 3037 while efficient leaves the factory with a rough cast finish on the inside of the housing like other turbos. Before we bolt this turbo up we decided to send the turbine housing to Extrude Hone.<<<""

........personally I would have to rebuild before I was comfortable with that one,

KILLER deal though...........still considering it , Jason

1 - 20 of 33 Posts