SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
You have to remember Jose... that you have a 9.8:1 compression ratio. That, and the fact that you guys have 91 octane out there.. means you need to be careful. I wouldn't go past 8-9psi on 91 octane.
Travis

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I run 11 daily.. it's fun :D

·
Undecided
4,547 Posts
Whats the difference between a DSM T25 and a Garrett T25? DSM guys run 19-20 psi for a year of hard racing before the turbo even starts to show signs of failure. I know its way out of the turbos efficiency range and I don't plan to try it, but is there a major difference between the 2. I hear people say Don't run more than 12 psi or the world will stop spinning and your turbo will fall off right there. (exaggeration)

·
70/30 Racing
12,258 Posts
DSMs run 12 psi stock.

their engines dont breathe as well as ours for some reason. 12 psi on their cars results in like 210-220 whp with ALL bolt ons (IC, 3" DP, etc), where we can get that at about 6-7 psi.

20 psi is way too much for a stock DSM turbo though, 16 psi is all i would recommend on that, after that, you are just making a little more TQ, but no more top end power.

at 16 psi, they are making about 280whp on those turbos, which is RIGHT at their peak flow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a lot of my dsm buddys are running about 20lbs all the time and they don't really seem to have that much trouble. it also matters if your talkin 1st or 2nd gens to. 1st gen engines are way stronger. but dsms are way to unreliable

·
Registered
467 Posts
another thing to consider about dsm guys, i use to have 2 1gen dsm's and the compression on are motors is 7.8 to 1 so its an extreamly low compression so we could get away with running highlevels of boost. hell i ran 18psi stock motor stock everything with a 16g turbo.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I made 220hp and 238ft-lb. on 10psi with s4's and a 2'' exhaust w/ cat. I am anxious to dyno again now that I have a clutch that holds the power, as well as a 3'' turbo back exhaust instead of a 2''. I estimate at least 240.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.