SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't 13 psi bad for the turbo? Do you get detonation at that PSI

edit: Steve, i remember seeing your car at the mossy show back in Sept. I know you have a bigger turbo on there now huh?

Jose

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
You have to remember Jose... that you have a 9.8:1 compression ratio. That, and the fact that you guys have 91 octane out there.. means you need to be careful. I wouldn't go past 8-9psi on 91 octane.
Travis

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
just a little bigger now... :D

that 13 psi run was on C16

i ran 10 psi all the time, no problemo. hit a [email protected] on 10 psi, so it wasnt making that much less power.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I run 11 daily.. it's fun :D

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Whats the difference between a DSM T25 and a Garrett T25? DSM guys run 19-20 psi for a year of hard racing before the turbo even starts to show signs of failure. I know its way out of the turbos efficiency range and I don't plan to try it, but is there a major difference between the 2. I hear people say Don't run more than 12 psi or the world will stop spinning and your turbo will fall off right there. (exaggeration)

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
DSMs run 12 psi stock.

their engines dont breathe as well as ours for some reason. 12 psi on their cars results in like 210-220 whp with ALL bolt ons (IC, 3" DP, etc), where we can get that at about 6-7 psi.

20 psi is way too much for a stock DSM turbo though, 16 psi is all i would recommend on that, after that, you are just making a little more TQ, but no more top end power.

at 16 psi, they are making about 280whp on those turbos, which is RIGHT at their peak flow.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
So it does flow a little better than the Garrett? Well, I supposed a Garrett T25 with cams would be near that. I just see DSM guys talking about running in excess of 20 psi. I just thought it was wierd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a lot of my dsm buddys are running about 20lbs all the time and they don't really seem to have that much trouble. it also matters if your talkin 1st or 2nd gens to. 1st gen engines are way stronger. but dsms are way to unreliable

·
Registered
463 Posts
another thing to consider about dsm guys, i use to have 2 1gen dsm's and the compression on are motors is 7.8 to 1 so its an extreamly low compression so we could get away with running highlevels of boost. hell i ran 18psi stock motor stock everything with a 16g turbo.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I made 247 on 8 psi so i'll see what I can make at 11 the next dyno session I have which is coming up once we get these new housings made.

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
NyceP26 said:
I made 247 on 8 psi so i'll see what I can make at 11 the next dyno session I have which is coming up once we get these new housings made.
What kind of mods do you have? :)

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
i think dynopack systems are a bit overrated... at 7psi on a dynopack I made 230fwhp 201ft-lbs, on the rollers I made 230fwhp and 210ft-lbs @ 10psi on my SR20DE-T

Both runs are with TMIC, 3" DP+exhuast, intake spacers, and pulleys.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I made 220hp and 238ft-lb. on 10psi with s4's and a 2'' exhaust w/ cat. I am anxious to dyno again now that I have a clutch that holds the power, as well as a 3'' turbo back exhaust instead of a 2''. I estimate at least 240.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
When I had my T25/T28 hybrid....I made 220 WHP and 213 TQ @ 10 psi (stock internals...that also means no cams :D ).

Manny

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mr Sentra said:
What kind of mods do you have? :)
JWT ECU 4 bar, 3 in turbo back, FMIC....That was done at base timing of 15 degrees.

I am anxious to see where I am now with emanage and other goodies :D

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
NyceP26 said:
JWT ECU 4 bar, 3 in turbo back, FMIC....That was done at base timing of 15 degrees.

I am anxious to see where I am now with emanage and other goodies :D
Ah, thanks. :) I think I'm going to register for the SERCA dyno day next month to see where I'm at. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts