SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn after a week of downtime on my car I have finally gotten the new clutch and flywheel installed. One word.. Wow. I can't believe how much this thing grabs. I know there's a 300 mile break in period but I was driving last night and just to see I went through 1st, into 2nd, and then nailed it when going into third and broke my 18's loose. I was pretty impressed. Only thing is I think I need a new clutch cable. The thing is adjusted all the way out and it still engages right off the floor. Just for reference I got the ACT Extreme PP, with the Street disc. Holds something like 323ft. lbs of torque. I also got the zex/JUN Ultralight flywheel.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Hey, do you notice anything with the flywheel? Any power increases?

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I would actually call it a power increase. But there's definately a acceleration increase. The lower the gear the more pronounced the gain is. It was DEFINATELY worth the money. I was very skeptical about spending the money. But I'm glad I went ahead and did. I couldn't believe the weight of the stock unit, as compared to the ZEX/JUN one. I would even go so far as to say it's one of my favorite mods thus far.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
I don't know if I would actually call it a power increase. But there's definately a acceleration increase. The lower the gear the more pronounced the gain is. It was DEFINATELY worth the money. I was very skeptical about spending the money. But I'm glad I went ahead and did. I couldn't believe the weight of the stock unit, as compared to the ZEX/JUN one. I would even go so far as to say it's one of my favorite mods thus far.

</font>
What's the deal with the ZEX/JUN one? I know JUN has been making SR20 flywheels forever now... is it just sold under the ZEX name, does it come as part of a kit, or is it something unique?

Thx

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few months back ZEX was clearing out all of their flywheels for Nissan's. Well, Mike Kojima had mentioned that ZEX got some of their parts from JUN, and that most likely the ZEX Flywheel was in fact the same as the JUN. It looks identical, and the weights are the same. So everyone refers to them as ZEX/JUN flywheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts