SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang, I tellyou what, just got back from Cincinnati picking up my JWT ECU from a fellow SR enthusiast and holy cow! I can rev without worries now and hit 134 on 71S before hitting a hill! Guys, I had to test it, you know how it is. Plus, there were no cars and no cops and 1 in the morning. I love this thing, car feels peppier too. The DET still is in my future, but had to jump on this ECU for $300, plus the guy took mine out and put this one in! HA! ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Problem! Youll be the first one, I know how it is around here, you gotta jump on things like years in advance to get them! :D

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I dunno guys..I think if it is in a black 200, then it needs to go into another black 200 ! know what I mean....?..:D :D hahahhaa

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHAHAHA! You know, the evil blacks have to stick together but I am in no way gonna cause some unnecessary drama! :D Hey at least hes runnin a 200! I may be going turbo soon, I just cant get these frigin numbers outta my head that the big dawgs are pulling. At or over 400HP! Sheesh, can you say....C-YA!

·
Registered
765 Posts
no way dude, i need the ECU to compliment my already very strong dyno #s. I gotta break the 150hp mark without using performance cams. I bet a CAI would put me over the top, hmm...

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Na....I'm just playin w/ Yes-Ser...

It is a big circle when you start hitting that kinda power...trade-offs...1st you pursue power..then when you get it, you pursue traction...! And new trannies!!! :D

Ben Benavides' tranny just let go on the dyno here in AZ...although, he has had it in there forever..and has many, many runs down the track.

I think a 200sx se-r hitting 250-300 hp would be very hard to beat...

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Then again.most people have a hard time beating a fully modded se-r.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
1 question. When you get the DET, what are you going to use to control it? For $100, JWT can program the ECU to run with the turbo.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah Eric? 100 bucks huh? Well heck! Thats a thought!

Tell me somethign Plano:

How are you pulling 9.73 in the 1/8th? I mean whats your launch technique? I took my baby to the track for the first time Friday and made 4 runs at a best of 10.18. I had so much wheel hop my radar detector flew off! This is without the JWT ECU too so we wil see what numbers I am running friday. Of course I have as many or more mods than you so my numbers should equal yours shouldnt they? Ill be dammed if I am goign to settle for anything over 9.75!

:mad:

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Do you have aftermarket struts with the drop springs..??? I noticed a huge omprovement with no wheel hop after the AGX's

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Suspension helped a lil with wheel hop, and the Jim Wolf Solid mounts helped even more.

My technique: Hold the RPMS at around 5000 RPM and let the clutch out just a lil till u feel the car start to move but dont let it move or you'll red light hehe. And when it's time to go, quickly slip the first part of the clutch till u feel the car moving out than drop the rest of the clutch and you should slingshot out of the hole. This got me 2.2 60ft times.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That radar detector is probably weighing ya down!

Yeah thats great Yes-Ser!!! :D

No really, I have stock struts/shocks with the B+G's, IM frigin ordering the ES inserts. The guy I got the ECU off of gave me his old ones so installation should be a little better with them off the car. I guess I was jsut trying to get the car all balls out out of the hole!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YOUVE GOT MAIL! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried emailing you from my work email but it got sent back! ARGH! Im gonna use my hotmail account and try it that way!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I just want it for the rev limiter thing. On SCC it looks like it didnt do much for HP but I bet it brings the car to life.
:( I want one!!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I "HAD" the complete ES insert set but sold them like an idiot to Greg, SER-Prise in WV. I am probably fgoing to get another set since the guy that I bought the ECU from gave me his old mounts. AllI will have to do is put the inserts in those and wala! :D

Matt, the guy with the DET Classic, and I went out tonight to get some Turbo Blue and they were out. We ended up going to an airport to get it! HeHe... ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts