SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's too poor to buy a JWT POP Charger? I AM!!

More info at my Webpage. Click on the "Homemade Velocity Stack" link at the bottom.

I should be done by the time my new K&N cone comes in next week.

-patchy

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Wow...thats hoodrich, I like it! What it made out of?

-Josh

·
Banned
505 Posts
it looks like a toilet seat hahaha j/k

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
dude i already have a digi camera, but looks like i'll be using a couple back ups!!! kick ass web site

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TeamPCI said:
Wow...thats hoodrich, I like it! What it made out of?
It's almost entirely made of Magic Sculp. I'm using a 6inch Acrylic plastic ring that serves as the outermost surface of the donut, and the putty was formed inside the ring.

I'll keep you guys updated. And to me, it looks like one of those hemorrhoid donut ass pillows.

-patchy

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
thats bad ass

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I finally have my airfilter in and the velocity stack installed. Updated pics on my webpage too. After driving for a few miles with it, the engine feels a little smoother.. but it's a subtle difference if there's any at all. It could all be in my head.

In any case it fits perfectly on the MAF, and the filter mounts just right as well. So I guess that's good. heh.

I'll be doing more testing over the next few days.

-patchy

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
cantdoadonut said:
it looks like a toilet seat hahaha j/k
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it too, hehehe.

Very creative! I hope it works out the way you want it!

·
Banned
505 Posts
i just wasted an hour looking at your website.. its tooo interesting. haha what other projects do ya have going on?? i love the mini car dvd player idea.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha, thanks.
I'm currently researching parts for a car computer with an integrated in-dash LCD. but that's a big expensive project that's gonna take a while, if ever, to finish.

besides that I'm gonna clean up the car DVD by adding a removable AC cord, redoing the AC/DC power switch, redoing the power-in jack, and generally making it all less ghetto.

And of course, I need to figure out if my velocity stack is doing anything.. so more testing with that.. I was also thinking of making a mold of it and casting it in urethane, thus being able to make more than a few of em.

Anyone interested in one of these things to compare with a JWT pop? Maybe someone has easy access to a dyno? If anyone's interested, i could probably make these things in solid urethane for about 20 bucks, if maybe 5 people want em.

-patchy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts