SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Warp-drive engineeer
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, what you guys think one of the honeycomb (NON-LUCINO) grills should go for.

My grill is snapped on a few spots, and as the saying goes, kinda: Broken stuff is an oportunity for an upgrade!

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
Best grill you can get for under $100.

Richie

·
VZR Conversion
1,898 Posts
ebay has a ton of them for dirt cheap

·
Registered
181 Posts
i don't meen to thread jack but on the honeycomb topic. What do you think looks better the comb or the flattened dimond metal mesh? (would you destory a honeycomb by cutting the center out and putting the mesh in?)

·
VZR Conversion
1,898 Posts
personally i like the honeycomb better than diamond mesh

·
2,025 Posts
i don't meen to thread jack but on the honeycomb topic. What do you think looks better the comb or the flattened dimond metal mesh? (would you destory a honeycomb by cutting the center out and putting the mesh in?)
There are 2 different types of the honey comb grill. One is a 2-piece and One is a 1-piece. On the 2-piece one the honey comb is removable.
I personally think chicken wire on any car looks cheap. 2 each their own.

·
B14 type of guy
411 Posts
In my opinion, I dont think it looks that cheap. It looks pretty nice actually. I did it on my own car, spray painted the mesh black, and tied it on the border of the cut out grill. Here is a picture...

·
Warp-drive engineeer
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are 2 different types of the honey comb grill. One is a 2-piece and One is a 1-piece. On the 2-piece one the honey comb is removable.
I personally think chicken wire on any car looks cheap. 2 each their own.
agreed, but around here, the need for the chickenwire to protect an FMIC is pretty practical. As much of a city as the place I live is, we're small and surrounded by a national forest to the north and rural landscape to the south and west. Bunnies ruin FMICs, I've seen the aftermath and it aint pretty.

Anyway, on topic again. I ordered one for $25 shipped on the 'bay. I'm psyched to get my broken and rattling one off.

·
Warp-drive engineeer
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got mine in the mail and the fitment wasn't too hard to work around. The bottom two mounts don't line up at all (I can see where it would work around the 98-99 headlights) Hacksaw and zipties got the job done however. After I get an emblem on it I'll snap some pics.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
Got mine in the mail and the fitment wasn't too hard to work around. The bottom two mounts don't line up at all (I can see where it would work around the 98-99 headlights) Hacksaw and zipties got the job done however. After I get an emblem on it I'll snap some pics.

You ordered the one off ebay right?

hmmm, anyone know of another one that fits a little better?

·
2,025 Posts
You ordered the one off ebay right?

hmmm, anyone know of another one that fits a little better?
There is no way around this man.
Zip ties are your friend :) My 98-99' Sentra SE grill has been holding on with 4 zip ties for 2 years now.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
Only the 98 200SX & 99 Sentra models with the odd shape headlights have problems with fitting the bottom 2 mounts. 95-97 200SX's and 95-98 Sentras fit with no mod.
ahhhh.

thanks.

-G

·
VZR Conversion
1,898 Posts
There is no way around this man.
Zip ties are your friend :) My 98-99' Sentra SE grill has been holding on with 4 zip ties for 2 years now.
or if you get the headlights that we carry it has grill brackets that you can use.

·
95 SER
49 Posts
wow the price of the honeycomb grille on ebay seems to have really went down. When I bought mine like 4 years ago it was about 60 shipped:squint:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts