SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, with all this talk about retiring the SR series Nissan pulls something out of their ass yet again that us Americans probably will never get. I just got back from checking Freshalloy.com (cool site for all of you that haven't checked it out yet). Anyways to the point. Nissan is planning to release the X-Trail mini SUV with an SR20VET as an optional engine over the QR20DE or DD whatever. But an SR20VET that puts out about 280hp. I wish we could get something like this in America. Oh well... guess thats what we get. =(

Mel

·
Registered
111 Posts
Um,...that's a swell engine! Sucks to be us!
ryan

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just realized...duh!

If this comes to pass and the X-Trail is really popular, you guys will have a really neat alternative to the DET with roughly the same price.

Stop moaning!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually excited about a new Nissan truck??!!???

Whats wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it doesn't say how the engine is gonna be
mounted though. And they speculate that the motor might end up in the next Silvia. But hopefully they'll have it in FF config so we could do that swap on ours. That would be sweet... @280hp under stock boost... wheres all those turbo GSR hatches now????? Okay... so what if I'm looking too far ahead into the future... =)

Mel

·
Registered
162 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My turbo VE cams made by Nissan as OE!!!!!

I check FRESHALLOY all the time but not every day (maybe I will now).

Can't wait! I'll be pestering importers from 2/01 to forever until I get those cams. Even if this is just a rumor you have made my weekend Mel!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts