SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I order my trans from jgy customs. The one that gets shot-peened, cryo-treated, and welded. Well they tell me its going to take one month and it ends up taking two and a half. Then they send me the trans, and it has fifth gear pop-out! Now I have to take it off again, rip it open, and replace the fifth gear with my friend.

Then last night im pullin into a wendys parking lot and I stop because someone is tryin to back up. Well they decided they wana back up into the drive-thru and they dont see me and they back up into my car, hard. Bumber, stillen front lip, fender, lights, light support, all damaged. F*ck dude!:(

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
QWKSER5 said:
First, I order my trans from jgy customs. The one that gets shot-peened, cryo-treated, and welded. Well they tell me its going to take one month and it ends up taking two and a half. Then they send me the trans, and it has fifth gear pop-out! Now I have to take it off again, rip it open, and replace the fifth gear with my friend.

Then last night im pullin into a wendys parking lot and I stop because someone is tryin to back up. Well they decided they wana back up into the drive-thru and they dont see me and they back up into my car, hard. Bumber, stillen front lip, fender, lights, light support, all damaged. F*ck dude!:(
That sucks!

Uh...did you supply the tranny or JGY? How do they explain the situation? WTF? Don't you have to disassemble a tranny to perform the shot-peening and cryo-treating? Wouldn't you check for 5th gear pop-out if you were doing the rest of it? How hard would it be to repair if you were already ripping apart the entire tranny? How much did this JGY "treated" tranny cost? I'd be furious.

Wendy dude is a MORON. Uh....hello rear-view mirror and looking behind you as you back up. I hope he has insurance and is going to cover your repairs at full retail value. Say....at the most expensive and best body-shop in town.

Damn, both of those situations just flat-out suck donkey balls. :squint:

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

·
egg beater:)
457 Posts
that's just crazy. stick with it and everything will come back to normal.

btw, my friend jon (civicsRslow) already told me about the JGY tranny fiasco and it makes me wonder how they can stay in business...

good luck.

·
Why am I banned?
471 Posts
tough luck...

i remember reading somewhere on jgy website that they don't warranty any of the used products that they sell. very very stupid business management, considering that it would have taken them an extra 10 minutes to check for 5th gear pop-out while it was cyro treated and what not.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
cmotek24 said:
tough luck...

i remember reading somewhere on jgy website that they don't warranty any of the used products that they sell. very very stupid business management, considering that it would have taken them an extra 10 minutes to check for 5th gear pop-out while it was cyro treated and what not.
And since the entire tranny is apart, would it not have been ZERO labor, just the actual parts costs, to change out to new 5th gear related parts? PLUS, now the new 5th gear parts are NOT cryotreated....WTF ever. Like I said, I'd be absolutely furious. :squint:

·
Why am I banned?
471 Posts
how long has it been since you received the tranny? did you call them up? maybe you can ask them to pay for at least half of the $$ you spent for the replacement parts. that would definitely give them half of a point in the SR20forum community and bring their vendor rating to "-16,890.5"... gotta start somwhere!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shawn B said:
That sucks!
Uh...did you supply the tranny or JGY? How do they explain the situation? WTF? Don't you have to disassemble a tranny to perform the shot-peening and cryo-treating? Wouldn't you check for 5th gear pop-out if you were doing the rest of it? How hard would it be to repair if you were already ripping apart the entire tranny? How much did this JGY "treated" tranny cost? I'd be furious.
Wendy dude is a MORON. Uh....hello rear-view mirror and looking behind you as you back up. I hope he has insurance and is going to cover your repairs at full retail value. Say....at the most expensive and best body-shop in town.
jgy supplied the trans. yes, you would think they would notice the problem but apparently "somewhere in the midst of cryo treating the gear could have slightly changed just enough to make the gear pop out." bs. I paid $1472 shipped with their lsd. But that lsd is amazing!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shawn B said:
That sucks!
jgy supplied the trans. yes, you would think they would notice the problem but apparently "somewhere in the midst of cryo treating the gear could have slightly changed just enough to make the gear pop out." bs. I paid $1472 shipped with their lsd. But that lsd is amazing!!

Yea the guy who hit me did have insurance, universal casualty or somethin. Now I need a new se-r bumber, the stillen front lip I have needs to be re-molded to the bumber, the fender is f*cked, and the lights and fillers, but I just bought the tsuru upgrade so hopefully that'l be here soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
N-eggs 2000 said:
that's just crazy. stick with it and everything will come back to normal.
btw, my friend jon (civicsRslow) already told me about the JGY tranny fiasco and it makes me wonder how they can stay in business...
good luck.
yea dude luckily jon is gonna help me rip the trans apart and replace the gear. The funny thing is is that I put the little JGY Customs sticker on my window, but we agreed to get a f*cks me sticker to put underneath and sell em on this forum.:biggthump

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shawn B said:
And since the entire tranny is apart, would it not have been ZERO labor, just the actual parts costs, to change out to new 5th gear related parts? PLUS, now the new 5th gear parts are NOT cryotreated....WTF ever. Like I said, I'd be absolutely furious. :squint:
apparently "the green car we got the trans out of had no fifth gear pop-out so we didnt specifically look for the problem"... Jason (the owner) wanted me to send my trans in and have him fix it, only doing the labor for free. I told him to send me the parts for free and me and my friend will do it (civicsRslow). He said that he didnt want to do that because he didnt trust anyone else doing the work. I told he would be the last person I would trust right now.

·
all motor
1,820 Posts
QWKSER5 said:
apparently "the green car we got the trans out of had no fifth gear pop-out so we didnt specifically look for the problem"... Jason (the owner) wanted me to send my trans in and have him fix it, only doing the labor for free. I told him to send me the parts for free and me and my friend will do it (civicsRslow). He said that he didnt want to do that because he didnt trust anyone else doing the work. I told he would be the last person I would trust right now.
humm... he doesnt want you opening it up? sounds like he didnt even cryo-treat the damn thing and he doesnt want you to see.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
QWKSER5 said:
NO excuse. It's an expensive, extensively worked over tranny that you purchased. The 5th gear tranny pop-out is the NUMBER ONE issue with our cars. When they opened the tranny, that should have been the very first thing checked.

I'm ignorant. However, couldn't say.....CoalitionSE-L (tranny genius) open a tranny and visually inspect it, maybe do some measurements with a micrometer or something, run his fingers over some internal parts, and tell if it was on the verge of 5th gear popout? I have trouble believing that the problem is completely undetectable until is actually develops. :confused: .......:squint:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shawn B said:
NO excuse. It's an expensive, extensively worked over tranny that you purchased. The 5th gear tranny pop-out is the NUMBER ONE issue with our cars. When they opened the tranny, that should have been the very first thing checked.
I'm ignorant. However, couldn't say.....CoalitionSE-L (tranny genius) open a tranny and visually inspect it, maybe do some measurements with a micrometer or something, run his fingers over some internal parts, and tell if it was on the verge of 5th gear popout? I have trouble believing that the problem is completely undetectable until is actually develops. :confused: .......:squint:
yea. shows how much they care.

there is definetly a way of telling. the teeth on the gear get smooth, and eventually start to show marks on them. its that simple. not something a tranny genius should miss, and not something that would occur as a result of cryo treating. hmmm... you would think they would be a little smarter about trying to f*ck me, if that was their intentions. Maybe they didnt expect me to notice my fifth gear was popping out? or maybe they didnt think we use fifth gear here, just outside of chicago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts